The Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for designing and developing appropriate and viable appraisal and monitoring systems that are in line with the ACTED’s global AME procedures, and ensures that ACTED’s projects and programs perform as planned.
- Implement AME systems: Develop and implement solid AME systems and mechanisms that are in line with global AME procedures and deliver effective research/ outputs in a way to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures;
- Implement Database and GIS systems: Ensure data on project beneficiaries, processes, progress, locations (GIS) and performance are effectively collected, entered, cleaned and validated, stored, transformed and presented in an efficient and effective manner in order to support timely decision making;
- Learning: Ensure lessons learnt and best practices are discoursed and documented;
- Implement Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism: Establish and ensure effective functioning of CRM, enhance the trust and confidence of beneficiaries, identify areas of the work which need to be improved and ensure that ACTED learns from the feedback provided through this process.
Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
a) Technical and Systems Development:
- Develop and regularly update consolidated AME work plan covering all ongoing projects and planned assessments of the mission;
- Develop a clear AME framework for each ongoing project based on project proposals, implementation plans, and donor reporting requirements and responsible for updating it on a regular basis;
- Implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by staff and partners.
b) AME Implementation and Management:
- Oversee the development of mission plans for any assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, end lines) for each of the projects;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Provide technical guidance and oversight over data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Oversee providing data to the Project Development Team for use in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
- Provide AME related capacity building and awareness to implementing partners and other institutions supported by ACTED as appropriate;
- Implement any recommendation discussed and agreed with the country management team and the ACTED Director of Programmes;
Database and GIS
- Monitor roll out and functionality of Database Management Systems (DBMS) and GIS across users including implementing partners as required;
- Design and maintain electronic and paper-based MIS/ GIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative (spatial and non-spatial) data and information;
- Oversee the development, on-going modifications, strengthening and functioning of the country-level data and GIS management systems;
- Facilitate trainings for non AME staff (e.g. PMs, PDs, TCs) on the use of project databases and database related reporting.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among project managers, technical coordinators and project development manager/ officers;
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes to be scaled up as well as challenges to allow ‘course correction’ throughout life of the program.
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Establish, implement and monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Ensure the effective functioning of the beneficiary CRM and that beneficiary complaints/ feedback are adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the program and coordination teams;
- Oversee the proper management of the project CRM central database;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in NGO Management, Sociology, Community Development, Political Science or other related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior to mid-level Monitoring and Evaluation capacity in the humanitarian or development sector;
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position in INGO;
- Previous experience with humanitarian field, Community development, economic/ agricultural development and/ or Participatory Appraisal methodology;
- Experience managing donor visits, engaging with local authorities;
- Fluency in English language, including ability to write reports in English language; fluency in Armenian and Russian languages;
- Excellent oral communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Strong data management and analysis skills;
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure;
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework;
- Good organizational and communication skills, in particular with rural communities;
- Good time management skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- Good coordination skills with staff from different departments and good multi-tasking skills;
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded, professional attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Highly organized person, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively;
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge;
- Capability in planning and problem solving, astute critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Excellent IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft programs especially Excel; knowledge of SPSS and in open-source softwares for collecting, managing, and using data (such as ODK or KoBo) is preferable.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language only);
- CV (in English language only);
- Contacts of 3 references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
The above mentioned should be sent to: email@example.com
with a subject heading "Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for more details and the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.
ACTED: Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people's dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people's potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The Organization goes the last mile: ACTED's mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries.