Full scholarship for pursuing a one-year Master's degree at any UK university
Chevening Scholarships in Armenia are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master's degree at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory (Armenia is eligible);
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after completing your Master’s degree;
- Have completed an undergraduate degree that will enable you to apply for a postgraduate course at a UK university by the time you submit your application;
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience;
- Not have previously studied in the UK through a UK Government-funded scholarship;
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2023.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong);
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship;
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of His Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities;
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfil your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
*Relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years).
Applications for Chevening Scholarship 2023/2024 can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the 'apply' button on your country page. For more information and to apply visit: http://www.chevening.org/armenia
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of 8 months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.