World Learning is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID - Labor Market Development activity in Armenia focused on better equipping youth to meet the needs of economic opportunities in the country. Candidate submissions will also be considered for planned technical leadership roles, including for a separate planned civic education focused project. The Chief of Party will be responsible for management and technical leadership and provide overall oversight of the implementation of all components under this program. He/ she will serve as World Learning’s principal liaison to the funder. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual with exceptional representation skills, and manager with experience in developing partnership, coordinating with government entities, partner organizations, and program stakeholders, and able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
- In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations;
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities, and ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
- Serve as overall communications/ liaison with the donor, implementing partners, and key stakeholders including government representatives of Armenia and private sector actors;
- Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational, security, and program developments;
- Manage and supervise team of local and international staff and consultants;
- Represent World Learning at conferences, working groups, and meetings;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded projects related to youth development and engagement; with experience as a Chief of Party, Country Director, or Deputy for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope;
- Experience with youth workforce, training, employment, and entrepreneurship projects strongly preferred; and/ or experience with youth civic education and civic engagement strongly preferred;
- Experience managing donor relationships and reporting requirements; experience with US government donors strongly preferred;
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, with a professional level of verbal and written fluency in Armenian and English languages;
- Proven experience leading inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and cover letter (in English language) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please mention the position title ("Chief of Party") in the subject line of the email. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. Refrain from phone calls, please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action/ veterans/ ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.