The Communications Analyst is located in UNFPA Armenia Country Office (CO) and reports to UNFPA Head of Office. The Communications Analyst maintains collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff at the CO. Internal contacts include the Country Director, Head of Office, Programme Analysts, and the CO’s programme/ technical team. External contacts include other UN agencies in country and counterparts in Country programme activities, governmental institutions and implementing partners. The Communications Analyst will advise on and assist in developing and implementing the Country Office’s Communications and Advocacy strategy/ plan, including by analyzing relevant political, social and economic developments.
- Monitor and analyse the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA’s work, as well as the public perception of UNFPA in the media and general public; identify opportunities for strategic communications interventions and recommend appropriate action to seize opportunities for increasing visibility for UNFPA, its work and ICPD issues, and to maintain a positive image for the Organization;
- Guide internal and external communications aimed at informing and engaging staff and publics around the corporate strategic goals and transformative results and the high-level goals of the country programme;
- Coordinate the development, in collaboration with the programme teams, of the CO’s communication and advocacy strategy and action plan;
- Ensure developing and maintaining close collaboration with traditional and social media, as well as with civil society groups and organizations essential to achieving UNFPA’s advocacy and communication objectives;
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content and other advocacy/information materials;
- Coordinate the establishment and content maintenance of the UNFPA website for Armenia;
- Coordinate the creation and content maintenance of UNFPA Armenia social media accounts;
- Coordinate with concerned programme teams to prepare background communication and promotional materials for briefings and visits of journalists, donors, senior government officials and other groups;
- Help organize and generate public support for special events, including World Population Day and the launch of the State of World Population Report, to promote country programme goals;
- Contribute press clippings to the weekly regional media monitoring report;
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, infographics, podcasts, video, audio-visual, etc.) for national, regional and global campaigns, and oversee the qualitative aspects of production (e.g. quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design) to ensure highest standards and compliance with UNFPA style and policies;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the appropriate and timely dissemination of advocacy and communication materials to target audiences, and participate in the evaluation of their impact. Provide feedback to Regional Office and Headquarters on the use and appropriateness of global publications and visual materials;
- Assist, when necessary, UNFPA implementing partners with communication and advocacy messages related to UNFPA mandate, including capacity building in communication;
- Establish/ maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for publications, press releases and clippings, as well as photographic and audio-visual materials;
- Participate in the UN Communications Group functioning under the auspices of the UNCT in Armenia and contribute to planning and implementation of the joint UN Communication Strategy for Armenia.
- Advise the Country Director, the Head of Office and the programme teams in developing partnerships with donor communities and other development partners in support of resource mobilization, including organizing donor meetings where needed;
- Facilitate the programme teams to report on results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years of previous relevant experience in the field of communication and advocacy on social issues.
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; working knowledge of Russian language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing diversity in all its forms;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results;
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://cutt.ly/VnGnhPU
(Job opening ID: 37953). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s 2018-2021 strategic plan, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, UNFPA needs principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; UNFPA needs staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.