This is a full-time position, multi-year position beginning as soon as a suitable candidate is identified, approved, and deployed.
The USAID-funded Improved Water Management for Sustainable Economic Growth Program in Armenia is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). The DCOP will support the Chief of the Party in the oversight, guidance, and implementation of program activities.
The Deputy Chief of Party’s (DCOP) roles and responsibilities will primarily consist of supporting the COP on management and technical oversight of the program. As directed by the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to provide technical and managerial oversight for the Program, including the development and implementation of the Program annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other requests that may come in from USAID and Deloitte consulting;
- Ensure that program implementation is undertaken in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures, and the specifications described under the scope of work and contract;
- Manage the development, design, and implementation of STTA SOWs, support the recruitment and selection of STTA consultants, scheduling and mobilization, field implementation, and final acceptance of the work completed; backstop and support long- and short-term consultants;
- Draft, edit, and make material contributions to Program documents, including but not limited to weekly updates/reports, quarterly and annual reports, PowerPoint presentations, studies, papers, as well as operational and MEL-related documentation;
- Represent the Program and Deloitte in official and programmatic meetings governmental and non-governmental stakeholders in water and related sectors as requested by the COP;
- Provide technical and advisory support to all objectives in strengthening data-driven water resource management including modeling, planning and decision-making capacities at selected basin, regional/marz, and national levels, as well as in putting together small-scale infrastructure projects and trans-boundary cooperation;
- Coordinate activities aiming at promoting collaboration with universities, research institutions, WUAs and private sector partners under different project objectives to promote knowledge transfer between scientific organizations, and the private sector to strengthen technological improvements and implementation;
- Act as COP in his/her absence;
- Perform all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Project goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or higher preferred, in water sector technical field, resource economics, business administration, environment, or a related field;
- Minimum of seven (7) of relevant, progressively responsible management experience, preferably with USAID or similar entity;
- Demonstrated experience and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing activities focused on environmental and water sector development;
- A combination of technical familiarity and management skills that span the subject areas covered by the Program;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required; Armenian and/or Russian language skills are preferred.
Please submit the following items as part of your application by June 16, 2023, to Abbey Pizel at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact information for two recommenders.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Improved Water Management for Sustainable Economic Growth Program seeks to transform Armenia’s approach to water management to improve the equity of access to water while maintaining environmental flow and water quality for the protection of freshwater resources. The Program will achieve this through the development and dissemination of improved approaches and tools to support sustainable and secure water management; advancing improved water governance; and spreading best practices and innovative approaches in water conservation and use. The Program has 4 years remaining. The Program’s technical activities will encompass the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Apply advanced technologies and tools to support sustainable and secure water management.
- Objective 2: Improve water governance.
- Objective 3: Promote and scale best practices and innovative approaches in water conservation and use to increase equitable access to water resources.
- Objective 4: Prepare for regional cooperation with neighbouring countries.
- Objective 5: Improve access to water.
You can read more info about the job at: https://tinyurl.com/Deputy-Chief-of-Party-Davex
USAID launched the Armenia Improved Water Management Program to refine Armenia’s
approach to water management and protection of freshwater resources. The Program is
funded by USAID and implemented by Deloitte Consulting LLP as the prime contractor and
sub-contracted by Urban Foundation for Sustainable Development (UFSD), University of
Colorado Boulder, and Regional Environmental Center for the Caucasus (REC Caucasus).
The Program has the following objectives: application of advanced technologies and tools,
improved water governance, promote and scale best practices and innovative approaches,
regional cooperation with neighboring countries, improved access to water.