GIZ is seeking to employ a Driver with Office Support responsibilities for the Country Office Armenia.
The tasks include the following:
- Provide passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests;
- Run errands for the programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies;
- Help with transporting goods;
- Ensure unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately;
- Complete the vehicle log book correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards;
- Use all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers.
Services and Secretariat Work:
- Clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly;
- Check oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.;
- Responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log book and recording monthly maintenance;
- Calculate monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting;
- Report need for service and carry out minor repairs;
- Immediately report all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings;
- Ensure that necessary office supplies are available;
- Purchase office equipment and supplies within set value limits;
- Provide office receptionist services as required;
- Photocopy and scan documents as needed;
- Help set up events and meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the office;
- Help implement visitor programmes;
- Complete forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the head of finance and administration.
- In accordance with GIZ regulations assist with local procurement of materials and equipment and order processing;
- Assist with the safe transport of goods to destination;
- Assist with processing claims for damage to goods;
- Document and file completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules.
- Participate in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registrations and insurance;
- Assist in forwarding registration and insurance papers to the responsible project/ programme staff;
- Assist with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office.
- Assist the Country Director, SRM Expert and the country security focal points in implementation of security standards.
- Interpret for the Country Director, official visitors and guests – especially when travelling in the regions - between Armenian or Russian and English or German languages;
- Provide input to information for GIZ staff in the country on customs issues for private goods, vehicle registration and insurance for private cars, and the GIZ office service package for outward travel.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks:
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management, participate in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assist with documenting these, e.g. if necessary by taking photos;
- Assist other colleagues as needed in the programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request.
- Safely and responsibly perform all official travel using official vehicles;
- Regularly service and look after official vehicles;
- Take account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations;
- Run official errands;
- Responsible for daily operational performance of selected administrative tasks of all programme affairs;
- Assist in managing office related events;
- Perform general clerical services;
- Assist the Office Manager, the SRM Expert and the Head of Administration and Finance with their tasks as instructed.
- Higher education;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Health condition allowing long distance travel;
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Driver with references;
- Good knowledge of English language; ideally knowledge of German language;
- Discipline, punctuality and reliability;
- Resilience and patience;
- Familiarity with travel in Yerevan, in the regions of Armenia and to and in Tbilisi;
- Appropriate appearance and attire and friendly manner with all passengers;
- Working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good management and organisational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title in the subject line, female applications for this position are strongly supported. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.