GIZ is seeking to employ a Driver and Project Assistant for the Northern Regions to be employed by “Innovative Tourism and Technology Development for Armenia” (EU-ITTD) Project.
- Safely and responsibly perform all official travel using official vehicles (up to 45% of working time for driving visitors and staff);
- Regularly service and look after official vehicles;
- Follow the regulations given by GIZ Country Office’s Security and Risk Management Advisor (GIZ CO SRMA);
- Run official errands;
- Responsible foe daily operational performance of selected administrative tasks of all programme affairs;
- Assist in managing office related events;
- Perform general clerical services;
- Assist with filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Handle all procurement organised by the programme assistant including collection and evaluation of proposals and justification of the final procurement decision;
- Assist the Programme Assistant with his/ her tasks as instructed;
- Manage all programme related events.
- Provide passenger transport in an official car for office, Project or programme staff, official visitors and guests;
- Run errands for the programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies;
- Help with transporting goods;
- Ensure unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and report restrictions immediately;
- Complete the vehicle log book correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards;
- Clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly;
- Check oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.;
- Responsible for the Project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log book and recording monthly maintenance;
- Calculate monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting;
- Report need for service and carry out minor repairs;
- Immediately report all involvement of the Project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings.
Administration including Accounting and Finance, and Knowledge Management
- Prepare money transfers and/ or other bank documents and check these before execution;
- Responsible for general administrative aspects for financial management, e.g. preparation of receipts/ vouchers, cash book, bank withdrawals and direct debit orders, money ordering, payment preparation, support in payment and expenditure monitoring;
- Support contract preparation;
- Initiate, conduct and document market research related to the procurement of products and small services;
- Photocopy and scan documents as needed;
- Organise and compile information materials;
- Support organisation and logistics for Project activities (workshops, trainings, other events);
- Assist the team with the handover of equipment (particularly IT hardware and office equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers) to partner municipalities including delivery;
- Regularly check functionality and completeness of moderation material (e.g. pin boards, flipcharts, cases including cards, pens, pins etc.) and be responsible for replenishment;
- Interpret for the guests transported when travelling between Armenian or Russian language and English or German language.
- In accordance with GIZ regulations assist with local procurement of materials and equipment and order processing;
- Assist with the safe transport of goods to destination;
- Assist with processing claims for damage to goods;
- Document and file completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Assist with processing customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics);
- Assist with checking ship consignments;
- Assist with monitoring clearing of goods;
- Assist with organising and coordinating collection of goods.
- Participate in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with Project vehicles), new registrations and insurance;
- Assist in forwarding registration and insurance papers to the responsible Project/ programme staff;
- Assist with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office.
- Assist GIZ CO SRMA in implementation of minimum security standards.
- Use all available information (GIZ CO SRMA and news on traffic conditions from different sources) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and share this information with other GIZ drivers.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management, participate in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assist with documenting these, e.g. if necessary by taking photos;
- Assist the programme management in administrative duties (e.g. business travel applications and settlements, calendar);
- Assist other colleagues as needed in the programme or office if there is no travel pending, carriy out other office work on request.
- Higher education;
- Valid driver’s license;
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- Good knowledge of English language; ideally knowledge of German;
- Discipline and punctuality;
- Resilience and patience;
- Familiarity with travel in Yerevan, in the regions of Armenia and to and in Tbilisi;
- Appropriate appearance and attire and friendly manner with all passengers;
- Working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, Email, the Internet, social media) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good management and organisational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude, ability to work in a team;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed -corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title ("Driver and Project Assistant for the Northern Regions for EU-ITTD") in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am. Thanks.
Position and duration subject to EU mandate.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, ecological and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes, often working under difficult conditions. The “Innovative Tourism and Technology Development for Armenia” (EU-ITTD) Project started in November 2019 and will run until April 2023. It is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is being implemented by German Development Cooperation GIZ under the umbrella of the Private Sector Development and TVET South Caucasus Programme. EU-ITTD is part of the EU4Business initiative (www.eu4business.eu
) of the European Union. The Project has an overall objective to ensure shared and balanced inclusive growth in tourism and innovative industries. For more information, please visit:https://www.facebook.com/EU4BTourismArmenia/https://www.facebook.com/EU4BTechArmenia/https://twitter.com/EU4BTechArmeniahttps://twitter.com/EU4BTourismArmhttps://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/20324.html