Full-time; 40 hours per week; scheduled according to post needs
The primary responsibility of the Driver/ Mechanic is to provide safe and reliable transportation for staff and volunteers within Armenia and neighboring countries as needed. The Driver ensures that the vehicles are properly maintained and operated according to Peace Corps policy. As part of the General Services Unit, the Driver supports the General Services Manager (GSM) in the areas of procurement, property management and logistics.
Detailed job description is available upon email request.
- Secondary school diploma;
- 2 years of driving experience;
- Level 2 English language proficiency and level 4 Armenia language proficiency according to the Interagency Language Roundtable: http://www.govtilr.org/
- Valid standard Armenian driver's license;
- Ability to drive automatic and standard transmission vehicles;
- Knowledgeable about primary and secondary Armenian roadways;
- Ability to read digital maps;
- Basic working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and mechanics;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to lift and move supplies and equipment;
- Ability to operate some office equipment: computer, copiers, printers, cameras, cell phone, satellite phone, GPS, etc.
Note: Final offer will be contingent on ability to pass a background check and ability to obtain a B/C/D license.
- Professional driving experience such as Public Transportation Driver, Courier Services, etc.; working experience with foreigners;
- Russian language skills are also helpful.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following:
- Cover Letter in English that describes your qualifications;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae in English;
- The names and contact information in English (phone and email) of at least 3 references who are familiar with your work;
- Copy of valid drivers' license (B/C/D categories if earned at time of application) or confirmation that the required categories will be reissued before start of employment 01 October 2022.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit application to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Driver/ Mechanic") in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, candidates may drop off applications to a Contracting Officer at: 33 Charents Street, Yerevan 0025, Armenia.
Please contact the Company in case you have not received the following message below after submission of your electronic application: "Thank you for your application to our opening at Peace Corps Armenia. Your application has been successfully received. Please note that only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you".
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
5,175,326 AMD per year
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
All interested candidates
The awarding of this contract is contingent upon the availability of US funds. The US government reserves the right to cancel this vacancy announcement prior to awarding any contract.
Equal Opportunity: Peace Corps Armenia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Peace Corps is committed to gender equality. Women are currently under-represented in this position, and female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.