The Climate, Environment and Resilience Portfolio projects have a common overarching goal to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective can be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances, as well as through broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.
The Events and Communication Assistant will work under the direct supervision of “De-risking and Scaling-up Investments in Energy Efficient Building Retrofits” UNDP-GCF Project Coordinator and overall guidance of the Climate Change Programme Coordinator.
- Support in organizing various thematic events, workshops, openings, presentations, seminars, conferences, hackathons, flash mobs and other events, which may be revealed during the assignment period. Arrange communication with media. Develop approach for evaluation of the impact of events and develop assessment reports with proper disaggregation of the gender related impact;
- Actively engage in extensive communication with stakeholders through online media, phone calls and face-to-face meetings. Prepare meeting minutes and keep track of PR related meeting list;
- Assist in development of the Terms of References (ToRs) for outsourced services, as well as maintain regular communication with the relevant service provider companies, experts and other stakeholders;
- Ensure proper cooperation with corresponding PR specialists of the donor-assisted projects on similar topics;
- Regularly update information database platform, performing by all Media means (print, online, video, broadcast and social media, etc), followed by proper monitoring and dissemination processes of information flaws to the wider audiences;
- Ensure collecting PR related data and making respective reporting to the donor, UNDP and government and other relevant stakeholders. Prepare PowerPoint presentations at different milestones achieved;
- Develop Projects’ outreach materials, press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, infographics, and articles/ features/ photo stories for print, online and broadcast media, as needed and ensure the proper reflection of the Project objectives and achievements in them;
- Handle content development, information dissemination and awareness raising activities through communication with mass media and social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Tweeter, YouTube, Vlog etc). Regularly update the Project’s online platforms and photo gallery with corresponding materials in cooperation with Project experts;
- Perform drafting of letters/ materials/ articles/ news as well as daily translation of materials and other relevant duties, as required.
- Secondary education; bachelor’s degree in Journalism or relevant field would be desired;
- 5 years of relevant experience in the field of communications, PR at the national or international level;
- Alternatively, if in a possession of bachelor’s degree, the 2 years of relevant experience in the field of communications and/ or PR at the national or international level would be required;
- Proven experience in organization of large-scaled events, workshops, trainings, flash mobs, etc.;
- Knowledge of the communication tools, both online and offline;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, as well as user level knowledge of Photoshop and CorelDRAW;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team and process;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Ability to work under time pressure and handle multiple activities concurrently;
- High sense of responsibility and an ability to work quickly and accurately;
- Working experience in Social Media Marketing is an asset;
- Experience in energy and environment related communication/ outreach, as well as working experience with international organizations is an asset.
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/ known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/ uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/ understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/ respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels;
- Social Media Management: Ability to represent and promote UNDP brand in virtual communities and networks;
- Social Media: Knowledge of social media and ability to advise the use of social media for development outcomes;
- Partnership Management: Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding;
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research hand turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
Interested candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through the following link: https://tinyurl.com/5n8x5r38
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Contract type: National Personnel Service Agreement - NPSA
- Position level: NB2/NPSA5.