The programme "Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Populations" (EPIC) implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH with the commission of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is looking for an Expert in Gender and Social Inclusion to support the EPIC Armenia team to mainstream gender topics into the project implementation; to significantly contribute to the implementation of EPIC's third component that focuses on improving the economic perspectives of vulnerable women as well as provide guidance on social inclusion aspects. The position will be located in Yerevan, Armenia and includes frequent duty travels to project target locations.
- Implement assigned operational aspects in gender and social inclusion;
- Process relevant technical aspects and further develop the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards;
- Maintain coordination, good flow of communication and information with all involved actors and counterparts of the project.
Management and Coordination
a) Ensure gender mainstreaming to the project team:
- Conduct gender needs assessment at the country level. Based on identified needs design gender focused project initiatives as well as assure targeted gender mainstreaming through all project components;
- Develop a responsive approach on gender-focused measures in line with the project's gender matrix and regional gender analysis;
- Mainstream gender transformative approaches into all project activities.
b) Management of component 3 (improvement of women's economic perspectives):
- Develop women economic initiatives and working with women groups (value chains, cooperatives, enterprises, etc.);
- Develop and implement information campaigns/ events to promote women economic opportunities;
- Develop capacities of target women groups based on their needs for improved economic participation;
- Support women beneficiaries to establish linkages with the public and private sector to enhance their economic perspective;
- Design and implement gender-transformative approaches in the work with women groups and female beneficiaries;
- Prepare, implement and document training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities;
- Prepare reports reflecting quantitative and qualitative inputs on the progress of the component.
c) Support in social inclusion mainstreaming to the project team:
- Advise the project team and partners on how to mainstream topics, such as gender, inclusion, disability, etc. in a harmonized and need-oriented manner;
- Guide the project team and partners on needs assessment and identify responsive inclusion measures;
- Mainstream Leave No One Behind (LNOB) approaches into all project components and activities;
- Ensure conformity to the project's LNOB indicators.
Communication and Networking
- Develop and maintain contact with all important stakeholders;
- Provide technical assistance to local and international experts;
- Ensure knowledge management: collect, process and distribute relevant information, monitor communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Perform other job-related duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University degree in Social Sciences, with a focus on women rights;
- Extensive knowledge in implementing women economic and social empowerment approaches and social inclusion approaches;
- At least 5 years of proven experience in gender equality and gender mainstreaming;
- Experience in implementing women economic and social empowerment approaches and social inclusion approaches;
- Knowledge of participatory assessment methodologies, data collection and analysis from gender and social inclusion perspective;
- Experience in themes of sustainable development, development management, qualification and skills development, employment/self-employment and business development, community development;
- Experience in developing training materials on gender and conducting trainings/ advisory services;
- Experience with vulnerable population groups, especially IDPs, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, women and youth and rural/ remote communities;
- Experience in supporting networks and advocacy for women's and girls' rights and opportunities;
- Experience of working in development projects with NGOs, CSOs and international organizations.
- Excellent command of Armenian and English languages; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel regularly within the country, including to rural districts, and occasionally abroad;
- Proficient knowledge of ITC technologies (MS Office programs, phone, fax, email, the Internet);
- Strong managerial and organisational competence;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Results orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of cultural sensitivity, non-discriminatory attitude;
- Ability to positively promote a team effort and high performance through shared successes;
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Promote innovation and learning;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed - corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title ("Expert in Gender and Social Inclusion") in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
"Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Populations in the South Caucasus" (EPIC) regional programme is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH with the commission of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) under the Special Initiative - Tackling the Root Causes of Displacement, Reintegrating Refugees (SI Displacement) since 2017. To reach its aim of improving the economic and social participation of vulnerable displaced persons, refugees and members of the local population in the South Caucasus EPIC project intervenes in the following 5 fields of action:
- Capacity development of state and non-state actors, in particular of host communities, to promote the economic and social participation of vulnerable displaced persons, refugees, refugee-like population, and the local population;
- Fostering income opportunities of vulnerable displaced persons, refugees, refugee-like population, and members of the local population, especially women and young people;
- Improvement of economic perspectives of vulnerable displaced women, refugee women, refugee-like women, and women of the local population, with and without disabilities;
- Increasing the opportunities for participation of vulnerable displaced persons, refugees, refugee-like population and members of the local population, especially young people and women, and their organizations in their communities;
- Improvement of capacities for dialogue among state and non-state actors and vulnerable displaced persons, refugees, refugee-like population and the local community.
All five objectives target especially women, young people and people with disabilities. Throughout all project activities, participation and empowerment of women and youth is a priority, which is also reflected in the programme's indicators. This is both applicable to the economic and social empowerment, giving it a cross-cutting character of great relevance across all project’s components. Therefore, activities under the social participation component of the project will be implemented in close cooperation with the implementation of economic activities.