Main Purpose: The Finance Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of financial, accounting and budgeting functions. He / she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to a smooth functioning of the work of the unit.
Supervision Received/ Exercised: The Finance Assistant reports to the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) in Armenia.
The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients. He/ she provides guidance and advice to other finance support staff.
Working Relationships: The Finance Assistant works closely with colleagues in the Finance team and with client departments/ offices in the handling of routine and specialized processes, promoting the effective and efficient delivery of finance-related services.
- Code, record and reconcile accounting transactions;
- Review and authorize as per delegation payments to vendors for goods and services including calculating, inputting and checking payments for correctness and communicating discrepancies to supervisors; verify accuracy of data;
- Process salaries, entitlements, claims, income taxes, etc., according to established guidelines and procedures;
- Brief and assist newly arrived staff, experts and consultants on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance;
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and other data for use in budget analysis and proposals;
- Generate expenditure reports from computerized information system databases;
- Research/ compile financial data; assist in the preparation/ finalization of budget performance reports, carrying out preliminary analysis of variances between budgets and actual expenditures;
- Review draft reports, verifying overall accuracy, consistency and uniformity in the presentation; cross-check consistency of figures; draft/ prepare routine correspondence;
- Provide procedural guidance to other finance support staff;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- 4 years of relevant experience in finance and budget-related support work;
- Working knowledge (proficient - level C) of English language;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/2p83365r
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Based on UN salary scale for G-5