The Finance/Grants Assistant (FGA) is responsible for assisting in the organization’s financial and administrative transactions, with a focus on grants administration. These include: reviewing grant applications, conducting due-diligence related to document review, verification, preparing grant agreements, managing grant installments, and amendments, monitoring of financial, procurement processes, conducting site visits, updating the automated grants management database. The GA serves as the contact point with grantees re reporting and oversight requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date grant records, including grant agreements, budgets, and financial reports;
- Monitor grant budgets and ensure compliance with grant terms and condition;
- Registration of sub-grants in the Grants Management System (HOPE) and recording sub-grant related transactions in the system;
- Provide support to grant applicants, including answering questions and providing guidance on the application process;
- Upon the request of the GFM, the GA will be responsible for organizing and assisting with grants management seminars for grantees prior to the distribution of grant funds;
- Process grant payments and ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals, including budget preparation and narrative support;
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and budgets;
- Prepare online banking transactions;
- Prepare monthly VAT exemption letters for vendors;
- Assist during annual financial and programmatic audit processes;
- Keep the filing system and documentation in accordance with company policies;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance/Grant Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field;
- At least 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in grants management;
- Previous experience in civil society organizations;
- Knowledge of RA law, tax code, accounting reporting and financial standards, as well as procedures, filing and office equipment;
- Knowledge of Excel, Arminian Accounting Software and high computer literacy;
- English, Armenian and Russian usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation;
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Mature judgment combined with problem-solving approach;
- Management skills, including administrative and financial aspects;
- Excellent organizational, time management and communicational skills;
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public;
- A flexible attitude which demonstrates both commitment to team-working and also to working unsupervised when required;
- The ability to deal and work with a wide variety of people;
- Patience, sensitivity and calmness in the face of pressure and conflicting priorities.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume in English before June 18, 2023, to: email@example.com
The "subject" of your e-mail message should say: Finance/Grants Assistant. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.