The Grant Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, and grant support services in the frame of the project “EQUAL - EU 4 Women Empowerment in Armenia” funded by the EU. This position is responsible for the overall financial aspects of the grants including capacity building of grantees, planning and monitoring grant budgets, overview budgets, monitoring results, tracking results, and analyzing financial data according to the donor, and local guidelines. This position is also responsible for the operations of post-award grant administration and related accounting duties. Working closely with the Finance Manager, Grant Compliance Coordinator, and Project Team. The Grant Accountant will focus heavily on budgeting, compliance, reporting, and variance analysis functions. This position is established to work in close collaboration with OxYGen and Partner teams and accurately account for project costs, thoroughly analyze variances to budget, and clearly communicate these results to management.
- Perform grant-related post-award financial functions, including budget and expense analysis, financial reporting, reconciliations, re-budgeting, and grant closeout functions;
- Work with relevant staff and appropriate partner staff in the development of forecasts, budgets, and budget revisions for the project;
- Develop financial documentation package for each partner;
- Check and approve partner contract packages to be coherent and accurate;
- Induct partners on donor and OxYGen financial guidelines, and requirements, train and provide ongoing consultancy on best practices for financial management systems to increase capacity;
- Deliver accurate and timely financial reports to internal management as required;
- Perform partner financial reporting package review: check supporting documents, review transactions for compliance, ensure explanations are provided for variances from the budget, and discuss with program personnel to ensure their knowledge and understanding;
- Work with FM on cash flow forecasts for project;
- Prepare project fund requests; review and process fund requests submitted by partners;
- Produce a budget and expense analysis report;
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate program staff, informing them of the financial position of the project;
- Coordinate with the Finance Officer to process journal entries to various projects if needed;
- Ensure compliance of grants with OxYGen policies/ procedures and EU rules/ regulations;
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in response to requests;
- Visit partner offices to support the financial management of the grant-funded project, and conduct a periodic compliance review of the grant-funded project, including financial management overviews with partner staff;
- Coordinate the monthly review and reconciliation of cash accounts associated with the project, including receipt of monthly bank statements;
- Support required audit at the office;
- Follow up with project VAT exemption procedures for partners and OxYGen;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Finance or closely related field;
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, preferably in the non-profit community, with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting;
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial managers;
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations;
- Familiarity with accounting fundamentals;
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications, with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in working with Armenian Software is desirable;
- Good organizational skills, as well as ability to multitask;
- Good written and oral communication skills in Armenian and English languages;
- High level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality;
- Good team player.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit application (including CV and a Cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please mention the position title ("Grant Accountant") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.