Tumo is looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to take the software development team to the next level. Tumo is on a mission to invent the future of learning, and writing awesome code is a key part of that mission. Tumo’s internationally recognized EdTech solution is used by over 20,000 students per week in multiple centers in Armenian as well as in cities around the world, including Paris, Berlin, Beirut, Kyiv, Tirana, Lyon and Moscow. The Head of Engineering will be reporting to Tumo's Chief Development Officer and leading an energetic team passionate about creating unique software solutions. Tumo cares about a) using continuous delivery practices to test and go to production faster and more reliably; b) nurturing product-centered team members focused on the experience of their end users, the Tumo students; c) approaching software engineering as an art and a craft, and taking pride in elegant, scalable solutions; d) sharing its knowledge, contributing to the tech community, and continuously seeking out best practices.
- Work with top management to define product design and strategy;
- Lead the engineering team in developing new product designs, system architecture, devops infrastructure and help desk functions;
- Develop and expand the engineering team with a culture of excellence and innovation;
- Manage the software development lifecycle from design to deployment and support;
- Introduce new technologies where appropriate into the Tumo software stack.
- Significant experience building and managing development teams;
- Experience with modern software design, system architecture and devops;
- Hard core software development experience including asynchronous object-oriented programming, data structures, testing, and version control;
- Experience recruiting and nurturing talented engineers;
- Familiarity with ML, SAAS and multi-language systems;
- Ideally, experience with:
- Node.js, PHP, C#;
- Relational and nonrelational databases;
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- Cloud services like Azure and AWS.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via Tumo's career portal: https://tinyurl.com/d5sc4czm
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking, and ten complementary skills, including robotics, programming, photography, music and more.