The Role: By 2025, Teach For Armenia aims to recruit more than 360 Teacher-Leaders. To do so, Teach For Armenia must increase its recruitment goal by 20% each and every year. Once Teach For Armenia reaches scale, it will plateau and remain at “steady state". The Head of Recruitment is ultimately responsible for developing the Organization recruitment strategy so that the Organization can achieve the “critical mass” necessary to reach a tipping point. Using a “headhunting” approach, the Head of Recruitment will enlist Armenia’s top talent in order to transform the nation.
The Team: All members of the recruitment team will report directly to the Head of Recruitment, including two Recruitment Managers as well as seasonal recruiters. The Recruitment Team is a part of the larger “Talent Initiatives” division, which includes Human Resources as well as Selection and Matriculation. The Head of Recruitment will report to the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives, along with the Head of HR and the Head of Selection and Matriculation.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Driving Strategy (20%)
- Develop strong strategies around recruitment, including headhunting;
- Engage with Teach For All, and other institutions, in order to explore best practices in recruitment, including the power of storytelling;
- Work with the Program Team in order to identify the “ideal” candidate;
- Partner with other leaders across the organization in order to refine the messaging for the target audience.
Leading Team (50%)
- Set ambitious targets for the recruitment team;
- Conduct weekly check-ins with direct reports and team meetings in order to discuss progress and resolve challenges;
- Ensure the team is developing skills, from headhunting to storytelling for the purpose of recruitment.
- Throughout the recruitment season, ensure that the team is tracking data through Salesforce in order to assess progress against goals;
- At the end of the recruitment season, evaluate the team’s impact, assess strengths, as well as areas for improvement.
Planning and Preparation (10%)
- Use the “off season” to prepare for the next season;
- Create time throughout the recruitment season to assess progress and determine potential pivots in strategy.
Participating in Org-Wide and Cross-Collaborative Initiatives (10%)
- Participate at regular org-wide events and initiatives to build up on the organizational culture and be a part of the key strategic meetings and events;
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. Teach For Armenia is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
- At least a bachelor’s degree; however, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a master’s degree or higher;
- At least 4 years of experience leading teams with demonstrated results;
- At least 2 years of experience in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; proficiency in Russian language is a plus;
- Meaningful personal connection to the Armenian context;
- Understanding of the Diaspora context is preferred.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Recruitment: With such ambitious goals, Teach For Armenia needs a leader with a demonstrated track record of meeting targets in recruitment, sales or other relevant areas;
- Driving Strategy: In order to achieve scale, it is critical that the Head of Recruitment develops a strategy that promotes efficiency and effectiveness;
- Team Management: The Recruitment Team is one of the largest teams in the organization. It is important for the Head of Recruitment to build a strong team culture and invest others in a vision for success while managing towards results;
- Partnerships: Without key partnerships, Teach For Armenia will not be able to reach its recruitment aims. For that reason, the Head of Recruitment must be a master of cultivating strong partnerships with universities and other organizations;
- Collaboration: The Recruitment intersects with various departments across the organization, from Marketing and Brand Strategy to Regional Teams. Teach For Armenia needs a leader who is able to partner with others in order to exploit opportunities and mitigate risks.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter online by following the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=92
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to the mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership they are striving to cultivate in their classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify its Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of its students and their communities. As such it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Teach For Armenia's Benefits:
- Health insurance;
- Mental health counselling services;
- Working remotely opportunity;
- Professional development opportunity;
- Scholarship for graduate studies;
- Gym membership financial support;
- Additional paid days off;
- Referral bonus;
- Team retreats, events and teambuilding;
- Business trips;
- Birthdays and anniversaries celebration;
- Child care fund;
- Paternity leave.
Teach For Armenia is building a movement of leaders who will reshape what it means to provide an excellent education for all children across the nation. They aim to cultivate students who can harness their voices and shape a changing world while being committed to their communities. This will require support at every level of leadership, from the teachers in the classroom to the highest-ranking officials. Teach For Armenia aims to accomplish this vision by recruiting promising young leaders, both in Armenia and from across the diaspora, to teach for a 2-year commitment in schools where their knowledge and skills are needed. In the long-run, the organization is cultivating a network of changemakers, inclusive of the students, their communities, the Alumni, government officials, community partners, supporters, and affiliates from across Teach For All.