IFES is seeking a Legal Consultant to support the Corruption Prevention Commission (CPC) in building the capacity of its political finance unit (PFU), including developing the required legal framework.
The Legal Consultant position has the following duties and responsibilities:
Primary Function/ Purpose:
- Provide legal support to the political finance unit of the CPC.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Legal Consultant will be accountable for taking the day to day legal responsibilities and providing legal advice that includes, but not limited to, all the aspects of the analysis, investigation and drafting process as listed:
- Provide advice on different legal issues;
- Draft bylaws and regulations for the operationalization of the PFU;
- Work actively with the CPC leadership, IFES Team and international consultants on developing a workplan for the PFU;
- Study and report on best practices on Political Finance reporting;
- Consult with relevant stakeholders, including political parties, lawmakers and public officials on developing political finance reporting tools;
- Take a lead role during meetings with main stakeholders, and prioritize work to ensure that the services delivered to the PFU are of high quality;
- Take responsibility for maintaining all the legal records;
- Participate in meetings with local and international partners;
- Travel, as requested, to locations around Armenia as per project implementation;
- Report regularly on activities to the CPC leadership and IFES Country Director;
- Coordinate activities with other assistance providers to the CPC;
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned by IFES Country and/ or Senior Elections Specialist;
- Keep himself/ herself updated with evolving Armenian legislation.
The ideal candidate for the position will possess the following experience and professional attributes:
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision;
- Excellent knowledge of Political Party Law and other related legislation;
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills;
- Understanding of donor rules and regulations regarding reporting and compliance;
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with IFES program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Ability to value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity;
- Adherence to IFES rules on prohibition of all forms of harassment, including sexual harassment.
Education and Qualifications:
- At least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Law; master's degree in a law-related field is preferable;
- Proven experience working with international organizations, including but not limited to: experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent team player with the ability to prioritize work;
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Armenia and English languages; knowledge of other language including Russian would be an asset;
- Ability to travel within Armenia if necessary.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English language to: Armenia@ifes.org
indicating the position title ("Legal Consultant") in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Physical Requirements/ Work Environment: Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The professional working in this field should be flexible and ready to work as per the work demands. He/ she may need to work outside the routine working hours in order to meet the deadlines of the assigned work.