Ucom is looking for a Linux DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux operating systems. The incumbent will analyze and resolve problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software, monitor systems performance and ensure compliance with security standards, collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting and highly motivated team and upgrade own skills while creating real impact. Ucom is not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
- Install and set up Linux systems and servers, maintaining a 24x7 uptime service. Develop servers and work with IT team members to ensure that the system works reliably and quickly. Set up the architecture of the systems, engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs, including back-end databases and scripts for specific applications and use cases;
- Perform routine system maintenance and resolve server-side issues as they arise. Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments. Be able to review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions. Work with the system’s source code to make necessary changes to ensure reliable performance and then deploy those changes throughout the system. Proactively monitor system performance and make capacity planning;
- Conduct system backups according to company or industry standards, improving system recovery after a crash or other outage and support data integrity;
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools, monitor system performance to prevent slowdowns and crashes. Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes on managed servers. By noticing potential issues or recurring problems within the system, be able to develop and deploy solutions, create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks;
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and other administrators. Be able to work closely with developers, to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance. Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes;
- Maintain systems security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- At least 5 years of related work experience;
- Strong background in Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.) set up, deployment, and maintenance;
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments, hands-on experience with MySQL and/ or MariaDB Foundation familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts;
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages;
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, Nginx, etc.;
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills;
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage;
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are welcome to send their resume to: email@example.com
indicating the title of the position ("Linux DevOps Engineer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.