Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Armenian Branch of Association “Medecins Sans Frontieres” (Switzerland) is launching a project to support Republic of Armenia Ministry of Health (MoH) with the Hepatitis C elimination plan with evidence for optimized models of care to scale-up the access to Hepatitis C virus (HCV) care, and with the elimination-targets by expanding access to screening, diagnosis and treatment.
The project will provide access to timely Hepatitis C screening, diagnosis, and treatment trough a simplified “one-stop-shop” service delivery model in two different settings: In existing MoH Primary Health Center (PHC) (Polyclinic) in Yerevan City targeting general population in one-stop-shop-model and including differentiated services delivery models for key populations in partnership with community-based organization in a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) approach.
Main Purpose: Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Assist the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population;
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of logistics/ technical activities in the project/ capital including the following:
a) Logistics: (construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions);
b) WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities;
c) Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project;
- Implement all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.);
- Participate in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project/ capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities;
- Ensure technical reference for all logistics/ technical issues in the project and providing coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility. Ensure all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (handsets, HF/VHF, etc.);
- Define and monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, perform day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and report to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information;
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Education: Secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an Engineer;
- Experience: Demonstrate experience in his/ her technical area; experience in NGO is an asset;
- Experience in MSF is desirable;
- Languages: Knowledge of Armenian language (mother tongue); excellent command of English language; knowledge of Russian and/ or French language is an asset;
- Knowledge: Computer literacy is desirable (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet browsers).
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills in Armenian and English languages;
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholder;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and different projects at the same time;
- Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize ongoing vs. immediate need appropriately;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and provide strategic vision and leadership;
- Willingness to travel within and outside of Armenia;
- Ability to integrate into a multicultural team;
- Adherence to MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment;
- Adherence to MSF Behavioural Commitments.
- Cover letter (in English language);
- Copy of diploma;
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant)
Shall be sent to: email@example.com
with a subject heading "Logistics Supervisor”. CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. The Company recommends writing a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Company offers:
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organization and develop further;
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need;
- MSF is a world-renowned humanitarian medical organisation with a positive company culture.
MSF is committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of its employees. MSF welcomes applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.