Armenian Branch of the Association Médecins Sans Frontières is looking for a Logistics Manager in Nagorno-Karabakh to be responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project or capital and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Assist the Project Coordinator or Logistics Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project or capital, in conjunction with other medical project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population;
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of logistics/ technical activities in the project/ capital including the following:
a) Logistics: construction, transport of goods and staff, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/ installation and infrastructures, communications, installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions;
b) WHS: implementation of water, health and sanitation activities;
c) Supply: implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the project;
- Implement all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.);
- Participate in the planning and implementation, together with the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/ debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the logistics staff in the project/ capital in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities;
- Ensure technical reference for all logistics/ technical issues in the project and provide coaching to logistics staff under his/ her responsibility. Ensure all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of communication tools (hand-sets, HF/VHF, etc.);
- Define and monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, perform day-to-day monitoring of the application of security rules and report to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Project Logistics Manager will have to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information;
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Secondary education and technical diploma or technical university degree, preferably as an Engineer;
- At least 2 years of working experience in logistics related activities; previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries is desirable;
- Knowledge of Armenian (mother tongue) and Russian languages; good command of English language;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet);
- Competencies: People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation;
- Required candidate level: Manager Position (position is level 9 out of 15 levels).
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment, if relevant).
The above-mentioned should be sent to: email@example.com
with a subject heading "MSF Logistics Manager Stepanakert March 2022". Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set-up a test and/ or an interview. The recruitment process will be in English.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
697,601.00 AMD/ month, gross (prior to deduction of income tax, social security and army tax).