Médecins Sans Frontières - Switzerland is looking for a Mental Health Supervisor in Stepanakert to participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health/ psychosocial related services in the project in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health (MH) activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager (MHAM) and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities;
- Coordinate activities of counselling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts on mental health matters, including referral services;
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs;
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project;
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/ induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/ her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required;
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning;
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality;
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager;
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the MHAM;
- Ensure the patient's related information is kept confidential;
- In coordination with the MHAM, supervise and give support to the delivery of trainings and other capacity building related activities as per the project document and objectives;
- Supervise the Data Entry Officer and external psychologists on data collection system, i.e. the proper filling of MH forms, making sure they are updated;
- Build capacity of psychologists to be able to implement assigned tasks according to their job descriptions;
- Active participation in the day to day MHPSS activities and program implementation according to defined strategy;
- In coordination with the MHAM provide relevant information about other MHPSS actors in the area, especially when there is possible collaboration;
- Actively participate in the mhGAP implementation activities: participate in the training sessions, ensure the referrals and patientflow works according to the protocols (primary health care staff to psychologists, psychologists to psychiatric services and vice versa);
- Closely collaborate with MHAM to ensure continuity of the MHPSS services, especially during emergency and security instability;
- Provide technical analysis and feedback on possible plans of action for planned activities.
- Degree in Psychosocial or a related field;
- At least 2 years of psycho-social counselling experience;
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGO's in developing countries is desirable;
- Knowledge of Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian and Karabakh dialect is desirable;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- People Management;
- Qualitative results service orientation;
- Teamwork and Cooperation;
- Behavioural Flexibility;
- Commitment to MSF Principles;
- Service Orientation;
- Stress Management;
- Creative thinking;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Presentation skills.
The below-mentioned documents shall be sent to: email@example.com
with a subject heading "Mental Health Supervisor in Stepanakert" or can be dropped at the CV box by the address: Stepanakert, Tigran Mets 2 deadlock, house 4:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only CVs in English sent to the mentioned email address will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Comapny offers:
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organization and develop further;
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need;
- MSF is a world-renowned humanitarian medical organisation with a positive company culture.