The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking a candidate for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer is a key member of the Near East Foundation team in Yerevan, Armenia. The MEL Officer has the responsibility to coordinate and ensure the successfully implementation of projects’ MEL plans, particularly for the 42-month STRIVE for a better future: communities and civil society resilience in Armenia programme. STRIVE aims to improve the resilience, sustainability, accountability, and capacity for innovation of Armenian civil society organisations (CSOs), enabling them to play a pivotal role in raising awareness, deepening democracy, and serving constituencies in Armenia, especially vulnerable populations.
Reports to: Country Director
Travel: 25-50% covering 11 Marzes.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director and in coordination with the functional HQ MEL team, the MEL Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Operationalise all monitoring and evaluation tools (AKVO software and smartphones, project database(s), etc.), including updating and finalising NEF’s Institutional Capacity Assessment (ICA) tool in collaboration with HQ MEL Manager and project technical staff;
- Train, support and supervise field officers and partner staff/ volunteers implementing baseline, follow-up and end-line surveys (with AKVO tools), and collecting project activity data;
- Support the Project Director in developing the project Communication and Visibility Plan in accordance with donor guidelines;
- Lead in conducting key informant interviews and focus groups in close collaboration with other team members as required;
- Review and ensure the quality and accuracy of the data collected and stored (data cleaning and entry);
- Regularly treat and analyse the data to be reported on the project's performance indicators, working with the Project Director to prepare a response plan if data highlight unintended or inadequate results;
- Review and contribute to the project annual and final reports;
- Participate in monthly country coordination calls with NEF HQ and report progress monthly to key country and HQ staff;
- Facilitate the statistical analysis (using SPSS or equivalent tool) for project impact assessments in coordination with the MEL Manager;
- Facilitate the processes for project's mid-term and/ or final evaluations in coordination with the MEL Manager;
- Contribute to project learning activities in coordination with the MEL Manager;
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
The successful MEL Officer must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Social Sciences, Economics, or a related field;
- 3 years of M&E experience in community-based projects, humanitarian work, or a related field;
- Demonstrated experience and capacity in conducting data collection and experience in data analysis;
- Previous experience in drafting or contributing to reports;
- Ability to work independently, organise work, meet deadlines, and maintain composure;
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility;
- INGO experience is preferred, or experience interacting with vulnerable populations;
- Fluency in Armenian language; proficiency in English language;
- Eligibility to live and work in Armenia without company sponsorship.
- Experience with EU grants.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to complete assignments independently and/ or collaboratively, meeting project deadlines;
- Ability to take instructions and criticism constructively;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interact with project stakeholders in a professional and pleasant manner.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the below-mentioned documents in the English language to the Near East Foundation Careers page: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=184&source=aWQ9MjY%3D
a) Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) List of 3 references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Monday, 10 January 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Candidates eligible to live and work in Armenia without company sponsorship
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at: www.neareast.org
. The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.