Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable. Checchi is seeking qualified Armenian citizens for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to oversee the Project’s MEL activities, working under the supervision of the Chief of Party.
- Lead the design and implementation of the Project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including development of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of baseline, mid-term, and end line studies; oversight of data collection and analysis; quality assurance and routine data quality audits;
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Project’s learning agenda, designing and implementing mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation;
- Ensure MEL activities are in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy;
- Contribute to development of work plans, progress reports, and papers summarizing project results and evidence;
- Build capacity of staff, government counterparts, and grantees in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, and data analysis;
- Provide technical supervision for a subcontract conducting survey research and focus groups;
- Participate in the USAID Mission’s activities for planning, reviewing, and strengthening MEL system, and adapt the Project’s MEL system accordingly;
- Work closely with all program staff on developing and learning from research activities, using facts and figures for communication, planning and reporting purposes, and continuously maintain the Project’s learning agenda;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- University degree in International Development, Public Administration, Economics, Statistics, Political Science, or a related field;
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of internationally-funded projects, preferably anti-corruption/ governance activities; USAID experience is strongly preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Armenian languages;
- Excellent command of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting a brief cover letter and resume to: ArmeniaJobs@checchiconsulting.com
by the deadline. Please mention the position title ("Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.