Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Armenia under the “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development (LEAD) in Lori and Tavush Regions” Project (hereinafter Project) is looking for a Coach for Local Active Groups (LAGs)/ Community Mobilizer, who will directly work with community members in the target communities of Lori or Tavush regions, supporting efficient implementation of the Project. The National Coach for Local Active Groups (LAGs)/ Community Mobilizer will work under the overall supervision of the Regional Programme Leader/ FAO Representative in Armenia and direct supervision of the Budget Holder and guidance of the National Project Manager, under the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) of the Project, as well as in close cooperation with the UNDP Armenia, local self-government bodies, other national counterparts and the national/international consultants.
Coach for Local Active Groups (LAGs)/Community mobilizer will support the Project implementation at the field level and will perform the following tasks:
- Support in mapping and identifying of the main stakeholders and focal points at community level;
- Raise awareness of community members about the approach, objectives and key activities of the Project. Ensure that the key stakeholders are constantly updated about the Project developments;
- Encourage community self-organization and reorganization, and foster new partnerships between local development stakeholders;
- In line with the LEADER/CLLD methodology, facilitate the formation and development of a Local Action Group (LAG) in a given target area;
- Organize meetings, workshops and other events within the community and ensure the active participation of the relevant stakeholders, including women, youth and vulnerable groups at those and other relevant events;
- Create contact and work closely with local farmers, private sector and CSO representatives, regional and local administration, and other local stakeholders if needed;
- Assess the capacity and needs of potential LAG members and provide recommendations on provision of respective capacity development measures;
- Conduct capacity building activities for LAG members and various community groups, including farmers, women, youth, other vulnerable groups;
- Contribute to the effective cooperation within the LAG. Ensure that the farmers (including women, youth, other vulnerable groups), their organizations and representatives of extension services have capacities to represent and lobby their needs to be included in the Local Development Strategies developed by the LAGs;
- Support elaboration of the Agricultural section of the Local Development Strategies for the LAG territories in their respective areas by setting up specific working groups;
- Engage in gender mainstreaming and social inclusion throughout the project, in direct coordination with the international gender-mainstreaming specialist;
- Periodically collect information, data and monitor local developments to report to the Project team;
- Closely cooperate and work in a coordinated manner with other Coaches for Local Active Groups (LAGs)/Community mobilizers working in the same area particularly with UNDP Armenia coaches, as well as with the national/international consultants.
- Resident of Lori or Tavush regions;
- University degree in Agriculture or a closely related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience and strong analytics, research skills;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- National of Armenia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/46b294ep
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.