Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is looking for a National Finance Assistant. A person for this function will be recruited under the project(s), based on FAO HR rules. He/ she will work under the direct supervision of FAO Representative in Armenia and the overall supervision of Project Manager/ Operations Specialist.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports;
- Ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent;
- Prepare correspondence of administrative and financial nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required;
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning;
- Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information;
- Consolidate data into financial statements and assist in monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels;
- Prepare worksheets and assist in preparation of financial statements by compiling and consolidating data from various sources;
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment; provide assistance in procurement;
- Provide general administrative support in arrangement of events; establish and maintain a filing system of project documentation and correspondence;
- Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures;
- Conduct market surveys via available reference resources and databases;
- Participate in the preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports and ensure their timely submission to project management;
- Provide other procurement and administrative support as needed.
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics or a closely related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience and strong analytics, research skills;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- National of Armenia.
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link
and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/4jnejh4p
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. For help or queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Citizens of Armenia
The FAO Representation office in Armenia under Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the country. In close cooperation with the Government of Armenia, it ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the country. FAO Representation in Armenia supports policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development.