The Administrative and Finance Associate in Armenia Country Office provides provides quality services in the areas of finance, human resources (HR), procurement and general administration to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. The incumbent supervises clerical and support staff. Administrative and Finance Associate will execute their tasks under the supervision of the Head of Office, Armenia Country Office.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. UNFPA strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize UNFPA goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high-impact and sustained results; the Organisation needs staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Preparing annual budget and budget revisions for operational activities and entering in the GPS module in ERP system Quantum;
- Providing timely operational clearance in GPS on programme-related budgets and sending to commitment control (KK);
- Performing Finance User function in ERP system Quantum and verifying completeness and accuracy of payment requests in line with prevailing policies, etc., identifying and following up with relevant personnel on errors and gaps;
- Raising Accounts Payable (AP) vouchers in ERP system Quantum and ensuring proper payee information, accurate COA and approved amount and liaising with UNDP to ensure timely processing in the system as required;
- Creating, editing and presenting information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats;
- Ensure timely submission of VAT amounts to UNDP and perform reconciliation on a regular basis;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly Financial Accountability Checklists for approval by the Assistant Representative/Head of Office with relevant supporting documentation;
- Monitoring Institutional Budget expenses on a regular basis and submitting timely requests for redeployment to HQ, if necessary;
- Carrying out cost recovery exercise to proportionately charge the common expenses to non-core resources;
- Responding to HQ’s and RO queries as and when required and providing guidance on financial matters/policies to programme colleagues;
- Conducting secondary review of E-FACE forms entered by Programme Associate, verifying accuracy of information and ensuring proper recording of expenses including timely release of funds to IPs
- Reviewing monthly ERP system Quantum statements and generate financial reports in COGNOS to ensure that expenditures have been properly recorded and that the allotments are not exceeded;
- Ensuring timely completion of year-end closure activities;
- Developing tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of financial resources;
- Interpreting financial policies and procedures and providing guidance to office colleagues;
- Contributing to the development of the annual assurance plan, take part in conducting spot checks of Implementing Partners jointly with programme colleagues and participating in HACT-related meetings and discussions on a regular basis;
- Drafting responses to audit findings and recommendations, and following up accordingly;
Reviewing and monitoring charges for common premises, services and cost-recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represent UNFPA’s interest in related negotiations and agreements;
- Implementing corporate systems and applications in support of financial management;
- Acting as GPS and HACT Focal Point for the Country office;
- Acting as Petty Cash Custodian;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Country office work plans, progress reports, enterprise risk management in accordance with the latest requirements of the Strategic Information System;
General Administration including Procurement:
- Acting as Procurement Focal Point – coordinating drafting and entering online procurement plan with Admin Assistant (G5). Reviewing procurement requests and procurement procedures for the office;
- Liaising with the Procurement Services Branch, RO and other relevant offices on procurement-related issues;
- Monitoring and ensuring vendor performance and assessment in the system by relevant staff;
- Coordinating and supervising shipment and custom clearance, travel, event management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, space management, procurement of supplies;
- Acting as Asset Focal Point - coordinating asset management with G5 Administrative Assistant for required corrections in ERP system Quantum, periodic assets reports, coordination of physical verification of assets;
- Actively contributing to the UN Operations Management Team and relevant sub-groups;
- Actively contributing to the Operations Community within UNFPA;
Human Resources Management:
- Assisting in HR management, coordinate recruitment and the selection process applying best practices HR tools and mechanisms;
- Ensuring compliance with HR policies and procedures including use of Consultant Monitoring Tool;
- Acting as HR local recruiter and HR focal point;
- Acting as HR Leave Monitor;
- Assisting the Head of Office in monitoring the compliance of the Career and Performance Management (CPM) cycle and personnel learning and development (training and workshops);
- Coordinating the development and implementation of the CO Learning plan and liaising for Learning plan activities being funded and implemented from the HQ/RO allocated learning budget;
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Head of Office.
- Completion of secondary school education required. First level University degree in finance, business administration or public administration is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of relevant experience in administration and finance in the public or private sector is required;
- Ability to interpret financial rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely is;
- Ability to interpret administrative and personnel rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
- Experience in UN personnel and administrative procedures desirable;
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Previous experience in the UN, as well as, experience of UN accounting framework and systems,
- ERP system Quantum desirable;
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Armenian is required. Good knowledge of the Russian language is highly desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results;
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships.
- Advocacy / Advancing a policy-orientated agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Providing strategic focus;
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders;
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance;
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Interested candidates are asked to apply via: https://bit.ly/42S5Es8
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm