UNDP Armenia is looking for a Project Assistant for "Building Armenia's national transparency framework under Paris Agreement” UNDP-GEF Project. The incumbent will perform duties mentioned below.
- Provide support for conducting data collection and review, compilation of background materials for use in reporting, discussions and briefing sessions, prepare components of presentations and briefings;
- Provide support to fostering and strengthening partnerships and cooperation with project stakeholders, relevant international organisations, international and local financial institutions, state institutions and CBOs/ NGOs;
- Support in planning and follow-up of project awareness raising activities;
- Contribute to preparation of written materials, reports as per the requirements to UNDP, Government and GCF, briefing notes, outcome board materials within the assigned area. Take notes/ minutes at meetings and ensure follow up.
- Support the Project Coordinator and Task Leader in planning, daily implementation and monitoring of annual work plan activities;
- Assist the project experts’ team through information dissemination, technical backstopping, report preparation, translations. Assist in drafting outreach materials, including fact sheets, infographics, information for web-page;
- Support project management during the audits and evaluations;
- Provide support for organization of seminars, press conferences, workshops, advisory board meeting and other public campaign. Draft agendas; prepare leaflets, information note, press releases for media and stakeholders, take notes and draft minutes;
- Maintain records, necessary documents on project activities, communication and transactions. Keep appropriate the filing system;
- Draft correspondence relating to assigned project areas; clarify, follow up, respond to requests for information, ensuring proper communication and information exchange within the Project Team and partners;
- Ensure accurate observance of administrative rules, regulations and procedures within the framework of Project and in line with UNDP SOPs for Recruitment/ Procurement/ Finance;
- Make all necessary arrangements for procurement/ recruitment within the framework of the Project. Support in preparation of procurement/ recruitment plans, selection notes, expert evaluation documents;
- Make logistical arrangements for missions and expert's visits, prepare briefing kits and background materials;
- Support with translation of relevant communication, information notes, short reports, etc.;
- Maintain updated inventory of the Project’s equipment, e.g. machinery, electrical, furniture, miscellaneous. Participate in Project’s assets physical verification process;
- Assist the Project Coordinator and Programme Associate in preparation of AWP, draft budget revisions and draft monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Project;
- Perform other job-related tasks and relevant duties as required.
- Secondary education with at least 5 years of administrative, programme experience, preferably with international organizations, or university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Business Administration or other related disciplines;
- 5 years of administrative, programme experience (with secondary education), or 2 years (with bachelor’s degree), preferably with international organizations;
- Prior relevant experience with UNDP implemented projects will be an asset;
- Computer skills: experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and office equipment; knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to demonstrate/ safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Ability to act as a team player and facilitate team work;
- Ability to facilitate and encourage open communication in the team, communicate effectively.
- Knowledge management and learning:
a) Share knowledge and experience;
b) Actively work towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Development and operational effectiveness:
a) Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting;
b) Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system, including new IT based systems;
- Leadership and self-management:
a) Focus on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
b) Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
c) Remain positive and composed even under pressure;
d) Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Client orientation:
a) Report to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
b) Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
c) Respond to client needs promptly.
- Design and implementation of management systems:
a) Use information/ databases/ other management systems.
Interested candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through UNDP E-Recruitment system via the below link: https://tinyurl.com/5nt9yhfw
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Contract Type: NPSA
- Grade: NB2
This Project is in line with GEF-7 Program Objective CCM-3-8, “Foster enabling conditions for mainstreaming mitigation concerns into sustainable development strategies through capacity building initiative for transparency”. It follows from the commitments of the Government of Armenia under Paragraphs 7 to 10 of Article 13 of the Paris Agreement, which requires each Party to regularly provide a national inventory report, information necessary to track progress made in implementing and achieving its nationally determined contribution (NDC), information related to climate change impacts and adaptation, and information on support received.
The Project will provide support for building institutional and technical capacities to meet these enhanced transparency requirements as defined in Article 13 of the Paris Agreement. It will use a capacity strengthening approach to shift from ad hoc reporting to a continuous process of monitoring, reporting, and verification (MRV) that will capture transparency activities and allow the country to track its progress against its commitments under its NDC. The first project component will establish national institutional arrangements for an enhanced transparency framework, the second project component will introduce MRV systems that will support the enhanced transparency framework, and the third project component will provide capacity building for stakeholders that will be necessary to support transparency-related activities over time.