The Programme Analyst on Sexual and Reproductive Health assists in the analysis and assessment of relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes and will report to the UNFPA Head of Office, Armenia Country Office. Working within the Country Office (CO) environment, SRH Programme Analyst will support the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of sexual and reproductive health. Through analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, SRH Programme Analyst will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. SRH Programme Analyswt will assist in monitoring results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
- Participate in the formulation of the country programme and component projects, by compiling and analysing information relevant to the UNFPA’s role in the country, draft project documents and work plans; and prepare tables and statistical data;
- Evaluate project and programme activities, establish ways to systematically assess achievement and recommend corrective action as required; conduct field visits; participate in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports;
- Analyse and interpret the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities, and identify opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention;
- Analyse policy papers, strategy documents and national development plans; prepare briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks;
- Assess implications of new policy developments and strategies on programme execution, and ensure their integration;
- Establish collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs;
- Assist in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, share these with management for future planning;
- Assist in advocacy and resource mobilisation efforts of the CO, by establishing and maintaining a network of donor and public information contacts. Assist with organising and conducting of donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
- Advanced degree in Health, Population, Demography and/ or other related social science discipline; a first-level university degree with two additional years of work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health, with experience in programme/ project management is desirable;
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages.
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system;
- Embracing diversity in all its forms;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving Results;
- Being Accountable;
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/ Business Acumen;
- Thinking analytically and Strategically;
- Working in Teams/ Managing Ourselves and our Relationships;
- Communicating for Impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
- Delivering results-based programmes;
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation.
Please follow the link to apply: https://bit.ly/3eMg8C2
(Job Opening ID:40848).
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package, including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline: http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm