Armenian Red Cross Society (ARCS) is looking for a Project Field Officer to be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the activities for children affected by the armed conflict, particularly creating safe spaces and organizing resilience building activities. He/ she will work on providing vision, leadership, and management oversight for achieving the strategic objectives of the Project. He/ she will closely work with the regional branches of ARCS ensuring that project resources are used in a timely manner, that implementation moves forward according to the plan, and that problems are resolved promptly.
- Provide overall coordination of project related activities in Yerevan and in the regions, including international border communities;
- Ensure implementation of the workshops with children, following the children’s resilience project set out by the project handbook;
- Ensure the functioning of safe spaces and contribute to the development of the out-of-school educational plan for children;
- Meet regularly for supervision with the regional staff to discuss workshop planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist with baseline, monitoring and evaluation processes, as set out by the M&E Officer and Project Manager;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination between the project regional and community branches, local authorities, consultants, other organisations and partners;
- Supervise compilation and maintenance of the program, beneficiary and volunteer database;
- Prepare the narrative and financial reports;
- Perform other relevant responsibilities related to the program activities under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Higher education, preferably in the field of Protection, Psychology, Pedagogy or similar;
- At least 3 years of experience in project coordination or work with children;
- Ability to travel to RA regions including International border regions;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically;
- Sound knowledge in financial management and in project design, budget, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
- Ability to work with due sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment and virtual or/ and dispersed teams;
- Skills in coaching, mentoring and training;
- Excellent negotiation, consulting and management skills;
- Teamwork and trust-building skills for inclusive National Society relations;
- Ability to focuse on quality and standards, results, and accountability;
- Experience of working and cooperating with the stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Armenian languages;
- Full IT literacy (Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email).
All qualified and interested candidates are welcome to send their CV both in English and Armenian languages to: email@example.com
, mentioning the position title (Project Field Officer) in the subject line of the e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Armenian Red Cross Society (ARCS) is a non-profit organization, established based on common interests of its’ members, the only National Society on the territory of the Republic of Armenia, which does not pursue any religious, political goals, not affiliated with any political stream, and carries out its activities throughout the country. As an authorized member of the International Red Cross Movement, Armenian Red Cross Society is guided by the fundamental principles of the Red Cross, and is an auxiliary organization to the government. Armenian Red Cross Society's mission is to reduce the vulnerability of the population through mobilization of the power of humanity, to get prepared to cope with situations, which may cause vulnerability among the population, as well as by assisting people made vulnerable by harsh socio-economic conditions. After all the necessary organizational changes, ARCS became the largest and the most competent humanitarian organization, which aims to support the vulnerable social groups, help disaster victims and distribute humanitarian ideas in the society, as well as implement other activities for the benefit of people, provided by law, regardless of nationality, racial, gender, religious and class affiliations and political views.