Médecins Sans Frontières - Switzerland is looking for a Project FIN/ HR Manager. The Project FIN/ HR Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing Human Resources, Administrative and Financial activities and policies in the project according to legal obligations and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the Finance and Human Resources (HR) Coordinator, calculate, analyse and monitor the project's HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Propose corrective actions when required;
- Plan, supervise and ensure the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated pro-cesses (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Support the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and MSF commitment;
- Advise on set-up and update the project's organizational chart and job descriptions and assist the PC, and/ or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities;
- Ensure hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labor laws. Archive and update individual employee files, inform them on their rights and prepare all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, look for the best options to avoid and/ or solve possible labor conflicts in the project;
- Supervise/ perform payroll procedures, ensure that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project local employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensure the indexation process of the local staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites;
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implement the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF;
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security;
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), follow MSF guidelines and rules, and use the respective software in place. Ensure and control the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.);
- Responsible for all movements and/ or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Education: Degree in Finance, Management (Business, HR) or Administration is desirable;
- Experience: At least 2 years of work experience in relevant and similar jobs; work experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries is desirable; working knowledge of local accountancy is desirable;
- Languages: Knowledge of Armenian language (mother tongue); excellent command of English language; knowledge of Russian and other languages is an asset;
- Knowledge: Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Internet); knowledge of HR and Financial MSF software (Homère, UniField, ArmSoft) is desirable.
- People Management and Development L2;
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2;
- Behavioural Flexibility L3;
- Results and Quality Orientation L3;
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3.
- Cover letter (in English language);
- Copy of diploma;
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant)
shall be sent to: email@example.com
with a subject heading "Project FIN/ HR Manager”.
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. MSF recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
CVs in English sent to the mentioned email only will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Company offers:
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organization and develop further;
- The opportunity to contribute to MSF objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need;
- MSF is a world-renowned humanitarian medical organisation with a positive company culture.
MS is committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of its employees. It welcomes applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.