To develop project ideas, EPF program teams rely on their expertise and follow donor guidelines and requirements. EPF has a fundraiser on board who coordinates this work. This highly skilled team should be complemented by an experienced Proposal Writing Consultant.
Eurasia Partnership Foundation is looking for a proposal writer with excellent English writing skills in an international development area, particularly in/ for Armenia, who will be engaged in EPF's fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate shall be skilful at turning ideas into a coherent and structured proposal. She/ he will work collaboratively with EPF's senior leadership, program teams, the fundraiser and EPF partners (if any) to develop grant proposals.
- Thoroughly read and analyze calls for proposals and their requirements to develop engaging and persuasive grant proposals in English;
- Work effectively with EPF program teams and partners to determine the project scope;
- Collect relevant information from partners, organize it, and turn into a structured and convincing grant proposal;
- Assemble all relevant information including project context, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, activities and implementation methods, timeline, staffing, and evaluation;
- Ensure that the proposal adheres to the project objectives and expected results determined by the donor;
- Clearly communicate competitive advantages and know-hows of EPF and its partners in the proposal;
- Produce draft versions of the proposal, share them with partners and incorporate feedback and revisions;
- Suggest text structures and design elements for the proposal to make them more compelling;
- Ensure that proposals meet donor requirements and EPF's quality standards;
- Follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone;
- Meet proposal submission deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for receiving information, writing, reviewing, incorporating feedback and finalizing;
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes and approach with the team;
- Advise EPF team on language editors and proofreaders, if needed also designers, and/ or provide also editing skills;
- Support EPF with institutional memory development on prospective partners, experts, consultancies, etc., in Armenia and abroad.
- Master's level in one of the humanities and/ or social science fields; education and other experience abroad is a plus;
- Professional experience in proposal writing, particularly for EU, USAID and similar large-scale donors, preferably for civil society sector, or another relevant experience;
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of Russian language is an advantage;
- High literacy, i.e. capacity to develop quality written texts in English and Armenian;
- Proven record of producing and editing texts, especially grant proposals;
- Knowledge of various donors and their requirements for grant applications;
- Success rate of applications submitted for competitive opportunities is an advantage.
Interested candidates are welcome to send a letter explaining their qualifications with a CV and examples of their work as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Proposal Writing Consultant_First Name, Last Name.
Note: There may be multiple hires for this position.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Type of service provision: EPF will conclude an annual contract with the Proposal Writing Consultant, and provide him/ her advance notice of upcoming opportunities that EPF considers applying to. The work may take place partly online and partly offline. The duration of every engagement will be determined by the donor deadline. The incumbent will be paid for the proposals developed/ submitted based on a negotiated rate.