Checchi is seeking a qualified Public Administration Specialist/ Lawyer for the short-term consultancy to closely work with the Corruption Prevention Commission Leadership (CPC) and with the members of the Department of Proceedings and Legal Support to conduct a review of the law on the CPC and regulations to identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct research and analysis on the current Armenian legislative and sub-legislative framework regulating the areas presented below; current legislative inconsistencies and issues in the area and international best practices:
a) The procedure for carrying out the work of the CPC, including the procedure for holding sittings, the classification of sittings by significance and type, the definition of the order of discussions during the sittings, including the compilation of minutes, the decision-making process, the right to get acquainted with the decisions, the right to define the order of implementation and control, the right to submit a special opinion by a member of the CPC;
b) The functions, responsibilities, competencies, and responsibilities of the members of the CPC;
c) The procedure for conducting CPC proceedings, including accepting and reviewing citizens' applications, making relevant decisions, directing applications to other state bodies in case of non-compliance with the competence of the CPC, and the procedure for providing full information on the final results to the CPC. Develop proposals for relevant legislative changes;
d) The legislative provisions on analysis of declarations and actions arising from the analysis (RA Law on the Commission for Prevention of Corruption and the relevant articles of other laws related to the mentioned provisions);
e) The CPC on legislative provisions for proceedings concerning rules of conduct, incompatibility, conflict of interest, and other restrictions;
- Develop proposals on the relevant legislative and regulatory changes in all the above-mentioned areas in close collaboration with the CPC leadership and AIP Obj. 2 staff;
- Make a presentation on the proposed legislative changes and lead two discussions on all the above-mentioned issues with the participation of experts, judges, lawyers, law enforcement bodies, and other governmental institutions as well as donor organizations that provide technical assistance in this area or are interested in to present the proposed legislative amendments and get their comments and recommendations;
- Develop a final version of the proposed legislative and regulatory changes that incorporate the comments and feedback received.
- Research document which includes analysis on the current Armenian legislative and sub-legislative framework regulating the above-mentioned areas; current legislative inconsistencies and issues in the area and international best practices;
- Proposals for relevant legislative and regulatory changes in the above-mentioned areas;
- Agenda, list of participants, list of comments received during the discussions;
- Final version of the proposals for legislative and regulatory changes that incorporate the comments and feedback received.
- Graduate degree in Law;
- At least 5 years of experience in legal and/ or public administration sciences;
- Analytical and investigation skills;
- Strong motivation to learn, fast learner;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- High standards of ethics;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; knowledge of English language is preferable.
Interested candidates are welcome to send a brief cover letter and resume to: ArmeniaJobs@checchiconsulting.com
by the deadline. Please mention the position title ("Public Administration Specialist/ Lawyer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable.