Part-time, 20 hours a week, partly remote
Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Public Relations/ Communication Specialist to communicate on different platforms the purposes and philosophy of the Organization to the public at large and, specifically to potential beneficiaries, donors, volunteers and projects stakeholders.
- Develop a PR plan aimed at making Shen's activities accessible to a wide range of beneficiaries and partners;
- Improve the quality of Organization's voice via different online and offline channels;
- Manage Shen's website and pages on social networks, promotion of activity, conduction of activity analysis and preparation of reports;
- Develop content for Shen's website and social network pages, updating information about current programs and activities;
- Work with the media (writing press releases, organizing coverage of Shen's events);
- Implement other assignments envisaged by the PR plan (i.e. preparation of newsletters, booklets, annual reports, organization of events, etc.).
- Higher education in Communications, Journalism or similar relevant field;
- Relevant work experience (preferably in the NGO sector);
- Excellent SMM skills;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages;
- High sense of responsibility.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV to: email@example.com
stating the position title ("Public Relations/ Communications Specialist") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Shen NGO was created in 1988 by a group of professors and students of Yerevan Polytechnic Institute to address some of the urgent humanitarian problems of Armenia. Since then Shen as an NGO involved in development endeavours in over 350 rural communities of Armenia passed through almost all the stages of Rural Development area, such as: humanitarian aid, integrated approach to rural development, physical and social infrastructures rehabilitation in rural communities, asset based community development, value chain development using markets for poor (M4P) approach, agricultural cooperative development. The vision of Shen is to become a reliable partner for vulnerable rural communities in their endeavour to create better life. Shen promotes socio-economic development and empowerment of remote, vulnerable rural communities through active involvement of community members. The Company strives to make those communities attractive for life and work through transferring new knowledge and skills, promoting new jobs, improving community infrastructures, and strengthening community based organizations.