Material Exchange AM is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release. His/ her responsibilities include gathering system and user requirements, building modules and testing features before release. The ideal candidate has a hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and is ready to lead the junior developers. Ultimately, the Senior Backend Engineer will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications.
- Perform coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, testing, code reviewing and other related activities in accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards;
- Follow the existing company, team and project processes and procedures and suggest how to improve them;
- Work with project manager and quality assurance representative to estimate issue resolution or package implementation efforts;
- Write technical design specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations;
- Perform unit and integration testing of an application and identify, troubleshoot and solve application code related issues.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field;
- At least 4 years of work experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Java programming language;
- Experience in using RDBS: MySQL, Oracle, Postgres;
- Experience in testing using JUnit and Mockito or similar tools;
- Experience in working with RESTful services;
- Knowledge of Maven;
- Experience of effective using of the Git source control system, including branching, merging and pull requests;
- Experience with microservice architecture;
- Deep usage of Container Concepts (e.g. Docker tool);
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins) will be considered as a plus;
- Experience with Cloud environments will be considered as a plus;
- Experience with Scrum methodology;
- Readiness to share own knowledge with less experienced colleagues, but also to learn new concepts and software technologies as needs arise;
- Enthusiasm about clean code, pair-programming, TDD and code reviews;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written;
- Good knowledge of English language, both written and spoken;
- Ability to review and estimate user stories in agile.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply online by following the link: https://materialexchange.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=35&source=aWQ9MTM%3D
. Please mention in the application form that you are applying for the position of Senior Backend Engineer.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Material Exchange AM offers the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in materials sourcing. They are a group of colleagues who are extremely passionate about their individual craft, what they’re creating together, and each other. The Company supports its employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
Material Exchange AM embraces diversity and inclusion, respects and values differences, and appreciates diverse life experiences. They know when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, they can create significant change and value - for the customers, partners, employees and for the planet.
Interested in helping change an industry that touches every person on the planet (meaning anybody who wears clothes and shoes) through this position? Please send your CV! They will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates. They do take care about your personal data. If you leave any personal data when contacting the Company, do not worry. For more information, please read the Privacy Notice of the Company.