The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking a candidate for the position of Technical Specialist for Capacity Building and Effectiveness. The Technical Specialist for Capacity Building and Effectiveness is a key member of the Near East Foundation team in Yerevan, Armenia. This position will provide technical leadership for the 42-month STRIVE for a better future: communities and civil society resilience in Armenia programme. STRIVE aims to improve the resilience, sustainability, accountability, and capacity for innovation of Armenian civil society organisations (CSOs), enabling them to play a pivotal role in raising awareness, deepening democracy, and serving constituencies in Armenia, especially vulnerable populations.
The Technical Specialist for Capacity Building and Effectiveness is responsible for providing technical supervision and implementation leadership of the project’s CSO capacity building efforts, including technical and organisational capacity building for CSOs; supporting the development of an academic course; co-leading on CSO networks and partnership building; and providing cross-cutting CSO capacity building leadership across the project.
Reports to: Project Director
Travel: 25-50% covering 11 Marzes.
The position has the following specific responsibilities:
- Lead capacity building of CSOs through NEF’s proven ‘organisational model innovation’ journey’ (OMI) model: (1) Update and publish a participatory mapping of organisational capacity needs and gaps for Armenian CSOs. (2) Support selection of CSOs from an open call. (3) Deliver participatory OMI capacity development training workshops and tailored individual coaching. (4) Provide training of trainers among local civil society actors through regional CSO-led Mentorship Circles;
- Co-lead on networks and partnership building, including annual regional CSO forums and bi-annual cross-sectoral multi-stakeholder roundtables;
- Provide cross-cutting CSO capacity building, including conducting capacity assessment and identifying institutional needs, and recording the improvements made during the project;
- Support development of an academic course on the role of civil society to raise awareness among future young professionals.
The successful Technical Specialist for Capacity Building and Effectiveness must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences (e.g., Political Science, Public Administration, Public Affairs, Civic Engagement);
- At least 5 years of experience in the non-profit/ development or CSO sector and experience working in civil society capacity building and/ or grassroots-led civic engagement initiatives in Armenia;
- Understanding of the structure, constraints and functioning of CSOs, especially in Armenia;
- Experience designing curricula and facilitating workshops/ roundtables;
- Fluency in Armenian language; working proficiency in English language.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Experience with digital curriculum development and blended remote/ in-person training delivery;
- Experience in EU regulations.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to complete assignments independently and/or collaboratively, meeting project deadlines;
- Ability to take instructions and criticism constructively;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interact with project stakeholders in a professional and pleasant manner.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the below-mentioned documents in the English language to the Near East Foundation Careers page: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=185&source=aWQ9MjY%3D
a) Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Monday, 10 January 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Candidates eligible to live and work in Armenia without company sponsorship
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at: www.neareast.org
. The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is a non-profit international development organization that has supported livelihoods recovery and community-based economic development in the Middle East, Africa, and Caucasus since 1915. NEF draws on local teams, experience, and partnerships in these regions to create community-led solutions to improve livelihoods and local governance among conflict and crisis-affected groups, while maintaining neutrality and ensuring inclusiveness in our approach. Working through a network of country offices and local partners, NEF currently has operations in ten countries: Armenia, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Mali, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, South Sudan, and Syria. The programs are organised around three pillars: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilisation and Peacebuilding. For more information, please visit the NEF website at: www.neareast.org