The Writer and Researcher shall draft and produce content for the press office and AGBU publications as necessary. He/ she will report to and assist the Director of Strategic Content/ Editor-in-Chief and help ensure that all deliverables, printed and digital content, are consistent with the AGBU brand, voice, usage guidelines and adhere to project management schedules.
- Develop news story ideas in collaboration with program officers, central office staff and global districts and chapters;
- Write and research pitches for feature articles in English language;
- Research and draft articles for AGBU News magazine and AGBU Insider alumni magazine;
- Write/ edit global and local press releases as needed in English and Armenian languages;
- Conduct interviews for press and magazine quotes or story research;
- Participate in editorial and communications meetings as needed;
- Copyedit and proofread print and digital deliverables at various stages of development.
- Serve as liaison and translator for the Editorial team.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, or Communications;
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably with a publishing, media or marketing communications industry background;
- Outstanding journalistic and PR writing research, reporting and interviewing skills;
- Outstanding copyediting and proofreading skills;
- Versatility in writing style for various deliverables in multiple formats: print, social media, video;
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to coordinate projects from conception to completion;
- Ability to generate high quality content against tight deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong relationship-building skills;
- Knowledge of Armenian affairs and proficiency (reading, writing and speaking) in Eastern Armenian language;
- Proficiency in Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Docs, and social media platforms;
- Ability to work through a proprietary project management, routing and approval system;
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and personalities;
- Very detail oriented person with excellent time management skills while managing multiple projects;
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team under tight deadlines;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion if necessary;
- Advanced fluency in the English language.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
indicating the position title ("Writer and Researcher") in the subject line of the email. Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled. Initial interviews of strong candidates will be held as submissions are received. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Salary commensurate with experience.
AGBU is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and employs regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.