This is full-time and permanent contract of 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday) from 09:00 to 17:00. Flexible working is available.
The British Embassy in Armenia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking for an Administrative Officer to join the Embassy team, based in Yerevan.
This is an opportunity to take on a critical role in the British Embassy Yerevan. It calls for a person with excellent people skills, an ability to prioritise effectively, a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude and an understanding of budgets and finance administration.
The Embassy team is a small but friendly and energetic team focused on promoting links between the UK and Armenia at an important stage in our relationship – this year we celebrate 30 years of diplomatic relations between our two countries.
You will work closely with Corporate Services Manager as well as teams in the UK and a number of the Embassy's Regional Hubs. The British Embassy is a vibrant and diverse organisation with staff recruited both locally and from the UK. As an Administrative Officer, you will manage the two Embassy drivers and oversee the transport schedule. Management experience would be desirable, but not essential. Please note that this role includes time away from your desk when there is a need to attend to the practical elements of running an embassy.
- Responsible for the efficient management of all Embassy properties;
- Plan, lead and monitor maintenance works, coordinating with Technical Works Officer (TWO) based outside of Armenia to ensure accommodation complies to high Health & Safety requirements, monitor KPI’s for Embassy estates;
- Act as a main contact person for technical teams and estates and security colleagues in the UK;
- Responsible to maintain accurate data in property management system (Planon) and maintain residential and non-residential inventories.
- Day-to day management of drivers, organise Embassy transport schedules, including transport for the Ambassador and visitors, oversight of car maintenance and repairs;
- Ensure the welfare of the drivers retaining oversight of drivers’ hours and workload.
- Support the Corporate Services Manager in financial administration: process and manage local payments and purchases, raise requisitions for local budget, manage office cash;
- Purchase items such as furniture or services for the residential and office properties;
- Accurately account for all credit card purchases for both yourself and the two drivers;
- Be able to advise Embassy staff on the organisation’s Oracle management system, becoming in time an authority of the use of the system.
Information Management Officer and Post Security Manager:
- Responsible for the Embassy’s local IT system in line with operating regulations and guidance;
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures are signed by the staff members and filed, maintain IT inventory;
- Assist with Regional Overseas Security Manager’s visits.
- Provide administrative support to the wider embassy team;
- Assist Corporate Services team with logistic arrangements when needed;
- Actively engage in facilitating the arrival and departure of UK-based officers, draft documentation and provide admin support in HR and Procurement.
- Consular Assistance to British nationals Assist Corporate Services team with logistic arrangements when needed;
- Ensure that Consular planning is up to date and accurate;
- Be the point of contact for and deliver the Embassy’s notarial and documentary services;
- Provide cover for Pro-Consul’s absence, when needed.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including evidence of the work in administrative field, multitasking, engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Effective communication, including written and spoken fluency in English and Armenian languages and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexibly including out of office hours; and to travel within Armenia and overseas occasionally;
- Ability to work under pressure and in high pace environment;
- A self-starter that can work well both individually and in a team;
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development;
- IT skills, including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience using an online accounting system (Oracle based system);
- Staff management.
- Changing and improving, managing a quality service, delivering at pace, working together.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
To apply please follow the link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/mobile-0/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/18022-Administrative-Officer-ARM22-503/en-GB
. Please note, that only the applications submitted by the link provided above will be considered.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field "Deadline". The British Embassy advises you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
The gross monthly salary is AMD 657,307 paid in 12 equal instalments.
ОТКРЫТ ДЛЯ/ КРИТЕРИИ ОТБОРА:
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion.
Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.