Request for Proposals
Checchi is seeking proposals from qualified local companies and/ or organizations to provide technical assistance services to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) of Armenia in developing the country’s 2022 to 2026 Anticorruption Strategy and its Action Plan (hereafter Strategy). The MoJ seeks assistance in drafting the new Strategy (including its action plan), making cost estimations of planned activities, coordinating and facilitating stakeholder sessions and inputs with/from the relevant state institutions, non-governmental and civil society organizations, as well as other stakeholders. The service provider will also rapidly conduct a desk review of all existing relevant reports (both - at national and international level), documents and survey to collect and review information from all stakeholders and, based on the analyses of information received and considering international best practices - draft the Strategy and its action plan (with cost estimates of activities envisioned in the action plan), according to the requirements envisaged by the Prime Minister’s Decision 1508-L dated 30.12.2021. The service provider should provide direct support in drafting and finalizing the afore-mentioned documents through a transparent and participatory process.
Assisting the Ministry of Justice of Armenia in developing the country’s 2022 to 2026 Anticorruption Strategy and Action Plan
The selected company or organization should deliver expert services to the MoJ in drafting the new Strategy by performing the following:
Phase 1: Perform desk review of documents related to the status and progress of implementation of the current 2019 - 2022 Anticorruption Strategy and Action Plan:
- Collect and analyze all available reports and related documents (both - at national and international level);
- Organize meeting and discussions with the main stakeholder government agencies (Corruption Prevention Commission (CPC), MoJ, Anti-Corruption Committee (AC) and others) as well as relevant non-governmental organization (CSOs, foundations, think-tanks, etc.) to define the needs, as well as the main risks and challenges faced during the implementation of the strategy and the action plan;
-Conduct a needs' assessment and review of OECD, GRECO recommendations and other relevant international documents, as well as elaboration of suggestions on appropriate commitments;
- Based on collected information develop recommendations for the new Strategy and draft the Strategy and its action plan, including cost estimates of activities envisioned, according to the requirements envisaged by the Prime Minister’s Decision 1508-L dated 30.12.2021.
Phase 2: Provide technical support to MoJ in drafting a new Strategy, including the following:
- Based on the information analyzed from the desk review, needs assessment and meetings with stakeholders, as well as developed recommendations regarding the implementation of the ongoing strategy - assist the MoJ in drafting the new 2022-2026 Anticorruption Strategy and its action plan;
- Using existing relevant surveys (such as those conducted by the Caucasus Research and Resource Center, Transparency International-Armenia and others), analyze corruption perception in key sectors with the aim to collect and group the data according to age, gender and other relevant criteria to be used in the Strategy;
- Support the MoJ to develop prioritized, feasible and realistic action plan activities for the implementation of the Strategy;
- Develop cost estimates and resources needed for proposed action plan activities.
Phase 3: Assist the MoJ to ensure a transparent and participatory process for Strategy development:
- Organize meetings, workshops and focus groups with relevant stakeholders to present the draft Strategy and its action plan;
- Based on feedback received from the stakeholders, provide recommendations to MoJ for improving the draft Strategy;
- Provide all necessary actions supporting the MoJ to present the draft of the Strategy of the Republic of Armenia and its Action Plan for 2022 - 2026 for public discussion on Armenia’s unified website for publication of legal acts’ drafts (e-drafts) by July 10, 2022;
- The draft will be open for the public discussions for a two-week period, during which the public and civil society organizations may provide their views, recommendations, observations on the draft Strategy. Within this period, the service provider should synthesize and present collected recommendations and observations from the public on the Draft to the MoJ for consideration.
a) Analytical report based on desk research of current status, progress, and shortcomings of Armenia’s 2019-2022 anti-corruption strategy and action plan with recommendations for inputs to the new Strategy and Action Plan;.
b) Draft implementation plan on the process of conducting transparent and participatory activities for collecting stakeholder inputs to the new Strategy and Action Plan with timelines and illustrative stakeholders;
c) Draft of Armenia’s 2022-2026 Anticorruption Strategy and Action Plan developed in collaboration with the MoJ;
d) Meetings, workshops and focus groups with relevant stakeholders for presenting and discussing the draft Strategy and its action plan organized and a consolidated report of stakeholder inputs and recommendations from public consultations and stakeholder sessions prepared and submitted to MoJ to incorporate them into the Draft Strategy and Action Plan;
e) 2022-2026 Anticorruption Strategy and Action Plan finalized and ready to be presented by MoJ to the Government of Armenia for approval.
Note for Bidders: The company/ organization should identify appropriate staff devoted for this task. Below is an illustrative list of experts/ specialists who could be involved (the offerer may suggest their desired team members with relevant skill sets, as well as the number of experts to be involved):
- Anticorruption experts (local and international experts) who at the same time have skills in elaborating outcome, output and performance indicators;
- Social researcher/ analyst;
- Financial (budget estimation) specialist;
- Legislative drafting expert.
Details and format of collaboration mechanisms with the MoJ will be developed in cooperation with and coordinated by the Armenia Integrity Project. Offerer should provide a budget with sufficient resources for the organization of public hearings, discussions, meetings, or other events based on need.
The first draft of the Strategy, including its action plan and costing should be submitted to the MoJ by 15 July 2022.
The technical assistance shall be provided during the period between 15 June 2022, and 30 November 2022, by highly qualified professionals in their respective fields. Providers should have the capacity and flexibility to adjust the technical assistance services at the request of AIP and the MoJ.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
Submitted proposals will undergo an initial review to exclude applications that do not meet the requirements of the call.
Subsequent assessment of the proposals will be conducted by a selection committee according to the following criteria:
- Methodology and technical approach - 20%;
- Organization’s capacity and past performance - 20%;
- Qualifications and experience of engaged personnel and experts - 40%;
- Financial proposal and cost reasonableness - 20%.
Cost of the Contract:
The total budget of the proposal submitted by the company or organization shall not exceed 30,000,000.00 AMD.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Companies and/ or organizations are welcome to apply as single entities or in consortium/ partnership with other organizations by the deadline. Interested bidders will have the opportunity to submit clarification questions about the tender document at: email@example.com
by 01 June 2022.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
RFP_MOJ AC Strategy.docx - Proposal Template
Annex 4- Budget Template.xlsx - Annex 4-Budget Template