Under the direct supervision of the Head of Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation (CO) in Yerevan, the Team Leader will be responsible for detailed planning, initiation, facilitation and management of project activities and measurement of performance and reporting on project results and outcomes. This position is based in the project office in Yerevan with frequent trips to Syunik marz (province), and occasionally abroad. The Head of CO has overall responsibility concerning all disciplinary, organizational, and contractual matters of this employment. The Team Leader will be responsible for overall project management, guidance, and supervision of the project team. Close cooperation between the Programme Management Team in the Syunik project office, the CO in Yerevan, and the Programme Manager - based at ADA Head Quarters (HQ) in Vienna - is required. Coordination and cooperation with local and regional authorities and institutions, donors as well as non-governmental partners, is a core task of the assignment.
- Responsible for recruitment of the project team and setup of 2 field offices (Goris and Kapan) in close coordination with the Head of CO in Yerevan and ADA HQ in Vienna;
- Assure overall results-based technical and financial management of the project (under supervision of the ADA CO);
- Regularly monitor and analyze project environment and timely adjust implementation as needed in line with EU and ADA regulations;
- Lead and supervise the project team in Yerevan and Syunik (2 field offices in Goris and Kapan) (approx. 15-19 staff);
- Select short-term experts, provide overall coordination and monitoring of experts’ performance;
- Ensure compliance of procurement and grant award procedures with EU and ADA regulations;
- Coordinate implementation and joint activities with other donor projects, which are part of the Team Europe Initiative in Syunik;
- Effectively liaise (serve as the project key liaison) with government counterparts and the donor EU Delegation, as well as with project stakeholders, beneficiaries, other donors and the public to develop professional relationships Organize Advisory Board meetings and assure implementation of recommendations;
- Ensure compliance with ADA’s Environmental, Gender and Social Impact Management (EGSIM) Manual;
- Coordinate monitoring activities, including backstopping missions from ADA HQ, analysis and aggregation of data collected;
- Contract and support external audits and evaluations;
- Regularly monitor potential risks as well as develop and implement risk mitigation measures;
- Prepare regular project reports and coordinate the reporting process with the ADA team in CO in Yerevan and ADA HQ;
- Ensure high EU and ADA visibility in line with the project’s communication and visibility plan;
-Carry out any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Rural Development, Economics, Business or Public Administration, Development Studies, or other related field; post-graduate degree (master level or higher) is preferable;
- At least 5 years of experience in managing international development programmes and projects of similar scope and nature; successful experience with EU or ADC funded projects is an asset;
- At least 5 years of work experience in the private sector or rural development, preferably in the transition market economies;
- Proven experience and successful track-record in results-based project/ programme management and in project cycle management (including monitoring and evaluation);
- Sound understanding of donor procedures and rules applicable to funding received from large institutional donors, in particular with European Union external actions;
- Expertise in climate mitigation and adaptation incl. climate resilience, climate smart agriculture and climate proofing is an asset;
- Good understanding of market system development approach combined with proven ability of applying its principles;
- Experience in participatory governance and managing infrastructure projects would be an asset;
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence; ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards, including cross-cutting issues is highly desirable;
- Excellent written and oral communication/ reporting, representation skills in English language; knowledge of Armenian or Russian and good German skills is an advantage;
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Armenia (at least 30% to be spent in Syunik) and occasionally abroad;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills;
- Adherence to highest standards of ethics;
- Valid driving license (category B) is an asset;
- Self-motivation, decisiveness, and hands-on mentality;
- Ability to effectively coordinate a multi-disciplinary team of staff, experts and consultants.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to submit application (Cover Letter and CV as well as other relevant documents) via ADA E-recruiting system to: www.entwicklung.at/ada/karriere
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
This project position is subject to the pending signature of the Contribution Agreement between the EU and ADA. ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) will be delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on supporting the recovery, resilience and development of Syunik, Armenia as part of a Team Europe Initiative for Syunik. The project has a volume of EUR 11,000,000.00 and will be implemented in the Armenian province Syunik for 56 months. To support the ADC Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (CO) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Team Leader who will be based in Yerevan and Syunik for a maximum of 59 months (including 3-month project closure period) starting from 1st January 2023. The overall objective of the action is to enhance recovery and resilience of MSMEs and sustainable small-scale communal infrastructure in Syunik.
Outcome 1: Improved business environment for MSMEs and enhanced private sector competitiveness;
Outcome 2: Improved availability of sustainable green communal infrastructure;
Outcome 3: Intensified multi-stakeholder coordination for regional development in Syunik.
Within the three outcomes, the following outputs are foreseen:
Output 1.1: Improved business, managerial, technical and idea generation capacities (including green/circular economy, sustainable and inclusive capacities) of start-ups, MSMEs and social enterprises;
Output 1.2: Increased access to financial services and consultancy to support innovative and sustainable investments by start-ups and MSMEs (including female and/or youth led entities);
Output 1.3: Increased availability of non-financial services supporting businesses (including women and/or youth led entities);
Output 2.1: Bankable and sustainable communal infrastructure projects are being prepared in the communities;
Output 2.2: Provision of financial support to sustainable and green communal infrastructures;
Output 3.1: Regular multi-stakeholder coordination for regional development in Syunik.
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on its homepage: www.entwicklung.at