Armenian Branch of Association “Medecins Sans Frontieres” (Switzerland) is launching a project to support Ministry of Health (MoH) of Republic of Armenia with the Hepatitis C elimination plan with evidence for optimized models of care to scale-up the access to Hepatitis C virus (HCV) care, and with the elimination-targets by expanding access to screening, diagnosis and treatment. The project will provide access to timely Hepatitis C screening, diagnosis, and treatment through a simplified “one-stop-shop” service delivery model in two different settings: in existing MoH Primary Health Center (PHC) (Polyclinic) in Yerevan City targeting the general population in one-stop-shop-model and including differentiated services delivery models for key populations in partnership with community-based organization in a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) approach.
Main Purpose: Support the development and implementation of project activities and coordinate and monitor the laboratory related activities running within project sites and external laboratories, according to MSF protocols, in order to ensure the quality of the laboratory work.
- Participate in the definition and update of the laboratory activities, including its budget, and assist in the medical diagnosis and the treatment of diseases of the patients;
- Ensure the quality of the tests and the analysis performed in the context of the project (serology, hematology, bio-chemistry, etc.), at the different project sites, ensure the compliance to the basic plans of the laboratory, good quality control practices and according to prescriptions;
- Plan, prepare and send slides/ samples for external quality control;
- Supervise laboratory activities in project sites and external laboratories (private local laboratories and/ or international), ensure the delivery of laboratory results within the estimated turn-out time period;
- Supervise the appropriate use of medical devices under his/ her responsibility, monitor and perform the technical assistance and maintenance needed, according to the schedule of the different laboratory devices, so they can be used at any time, ensuring no service interruptions (e.g. automatic instrument calibrations, Genexpert and centrifuge maintenance);
- Plan and supervise trainings for the staff involved in laboratory activities (medical doctors, laboratory technicians, cleaners, drivers) in order to ensure the quality of the laboratory activity and the safety of the staff;
- Ensure that the hygiene and safety protocols both for individual and collective protection (i.e. required clothes and equipment, hygiene and universal precautions, etc.) are implemented in laboratories and that the cleaning personnel and staff transporting samples are informed about biohazards;
- In collaboration with the medical team and supply, prepare the medical international order and local orders and monitor the stock of laboratory items, according to project needs and anticipating and communicating future needs;
- Maintain and update inventories and a donation list of all the laboratory material and equipment;
- Ensure proper registration and records of all lab related activities, implement a correct use of the associated management, in order to have proper records of laboratory activities;
- Develop and ensure that all the necessary tools are in place to monitor the laboratory activities and ensure quality (laboratory registers, sample referral forms, monthly report forms, quality control forms, maintenance registers, etc.);
- Compile, analyze and report on lab activities and results to the medical staff and the immediate supervisor providing data on complications, the total number and types of tests and, in general, any problem with the staff and/ or laboratory material. Also participate in the development of epidemiological reports relating to MSF health services;
- Ensure confidentiality of all patients’ laboratory results at any time, according to protocols in place;
- Provide technical assistance to the medical team in any subject related to diagnostics;
- Monitor Hepatitis C laboratory project activities, related to the project implementation and progress, based on country specific project log frame;
- Participate in MSF internal bi-weekly and/ or monthly meetings to report, in articulation with the medical team the laboratory implementation and coordination efforts and provide an overview and follow-up on the stage of the different activities;
- Act as focal point for all the project activities related to the laboratory, promoting a good relationship and full engagement of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Justice and Municipality laboratory staff involved in MSF Hepatitis C project, through regular meetings and updates about MSF activities, workshops and trainings;
- Participate and engage in the relevant national technical working groups (TWGs) and other relevant meetings between the key stakeholders, to contribute to the alignment of Hepatitis C laboratory activities in the country and report to the medical team by sharing meeting minutes;
- During periods of high workload at the project sites, support the laboratory staff organizing and preparing the samples for analysis and sample results distribution;
- Draft and validate with the medical team any agreements made with private laboratories and any other supply companies in the context of the project.
- Education: Medical doctor, with a specialization or professional training in laboratory (molecular biology or any other laboratory domains);
- Previous working experience in developing countries, with MSF or other NGOs and/ or in Armenia laboratory system is desirable;
- Experience managing and coordinating laboratory activities including laboratory staff, preparation and delivery of laboratory trainings, laboratory data collection reporting, lead procurement of laboratory supplies, implement sample referral systems and quality control measures, development of standard operation procedures (SOP’s) is desirable;
- Diplomacy, representation;
- Knowledge of Armenian language (mother tongue); good knowledge of English language; knowledge of Russian language is an asset;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Internet).
- People management and development L2;
- Commitment to MSF principles L2;
- Behavioural flexibility L3;
- Results and quality orientation L3;
- Teamwork and cooperation L3.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Laboratory Manager”. Applications should comprise:
- Cover letter (in English language);
- Copy of diploma;
- CV (in English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant).
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organization you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. MSF recommends all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
CVs sent to the mentioned email only will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator, email@example.com
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Médecins Sans Frontières offers:
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organization and develop further;
- The opportunity to contribute to its objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering, and working with those most in need;
- MSF is a world-renowned humanitarian medical organisation with a positive company culture.
MSF is committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. MSF welcomes applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.