The Mission Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy-related activities in the Mission, according to MSF standards and values, the Medical Coordinator's instructions and with consideration of national and international laws and regulations, in order to ensure the quality and proper organisation of medical supply process, procedures and protocols, the proper management of the medical stock in the projects and, in collaboration with the Medical Coordinator, the correct use of medicines and medical materials.
- Support the Head of Mission (HoM) and Medical Coordinator (MedCo) in representing and defending MSF’s interests before the Ministry of Health (MoH) and other local authorities or local suppliers for any issue concerning pharmaceutical supply, in order to ensure stock procurement in the projects while complying with the national laws and regulations and following MSF protocols. Ensuring a close follow-up of the National Drug Supply, particularly in projects where MSF is working in conjunction with MoH. Collaborating in budgeting and preparing drug and other medical material orders together with Medical and Logistic Coordinators;
- Supervise the running of the pharmacies across the mission, ensure the proper implementation of MSF Safety standards, incl. pharmacovigilance follow-up and waste management protocols, and to national and international legislation, in order to ensure the quality of the service given to the population and the accurate handling of drugs and products, including its proper disposal, in terms of hygiene and security. In case of integration of medical stock under the supply, this includes close involvement in the medical warehouse as regards procedures, operations and stock management but not direct supervision of same. Supporting the MedCo regarding the follow-up of Emergency Preparedness (EPREP) planning and maintenance of medical emergency kits;
- Support and participate in all drug and medical material supply processes and ensure its overall efficiency and effectiveness. This involves regular technical visits to project sites to ensure appropriate follow-up of activities and management of field pharmacies; collecting and analyzing stock indicators according to physical records and logistic across different projects and together with the MedCo taking corrective decisions when necessary and providing technical pharmacy support regarding pharmaceutical information, medication use (protocols and rational drug use), management of side effects, adherence issues, etc.;
- Ensure the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity quality of medicine use. Supporting activities at the service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription (rational drug use), medicines reconciliation, antibiotic stewardship interventions such as restricted use antibiotic review, follow-up of pharmaceutical care plans, patient counseling, good dispensing practices and safe medication practices;
- Monitor the procurement process and take corrective measures when needed, ensuring regular communication with Medical, Logistics, Human Resources (HR) and Finance departments regarding Medical Supply and Pharmacy Management. Support the Medical Coordinator in order to ensure local medical purchases are made from approved sources, subject to the approval of Section Pharmacist.
- Be responsible for the good maintenance of all drugs and equipment in the pharmacies and the appropriate storage and management of supply of narcotic and psychotropic medication with respect to national legislation, permitting traceability for these specific products;
- Facilitate correct stock management and transport/ storage procedures, in order to ensure the availability of stock in all projects and to avoid expiries/overstocks and stock-outs. Ensure that all inventories of drugs and medical devices exist and are updated. In close collaboration with Logistics Department, supervise storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents control, stock security, maintenance of cold chain, etc.), classification, organization and inventory, in order to guarantee the quality of the medicines and other medical material and prevent damage, financial losses generated by expired items, deterioration and robbery. Being responsible for the follow-up of loans/donations and management of expired medications according to MSF procedures (and national legislation in case of expired drugs);
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. In case of integration of medical stock under the supply, this includes providing support to Supply Log in this capacity to ensure the medical stock and pharmacy management according to recommended guidelines/procedures;
- Participate in reporting according to MSF guidelines (Situation Reports, medical statistical reports, etc.) and reporting on drug consumption and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Pharmacy degree (or equivalent diploma according to the country of origin of the pharmacist) is essential;
- Demonstrated two years’ experience in (hospital) pharmacy management is essential; previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable;
- Knowledge of the English language is essential, and knowledge of Russian, and French languages is desirable;
- Computer literacy (word, excel, internet) is essential;
- Desirable knowledge of "Isy stock".
- People Management and Development L2;
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2;
- Teamwork and Cooperation;
- Behavioural Flexibility L3;
- Results and Quality Orientation L3;
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
How to apply:
- Cover letter (in the English language);
- Copy of diploma;
- CV (in the English language);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant) shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Mission Pharmacy Manager in Armenia".
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organization you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and a description of the job you performed. The Organisation recommends all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of themselves, explaining why they are applying for the position, and explaining why they think you are suitable for the position. CVs in English sent to the mentioned email only will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator, +374 41 446 224.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Médecins Sans Frontières-Switzerland offers:
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organization and develop further;
- The opportunity to contribute to the organisation's objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need;
- MSF is a world-renowned humanitarian medical organization with a positive company culture.
MSF is committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of its employees. MSF welcomes applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.