The Specialist for this function will be recruited under the project, based on FAO HR rules. Under the direct supervision of Programme/ Operations Officer and overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Armenia and under the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Office (LTO) of the project, as well as in close cooperation with the Government authorities, other national counterparts and the national/ international consultants.
The incumbent will undertake the following duties in support of the Project’s team during the development of five Local Development Strategies for the delineated territories of Local Action Groups (LAGs) in Lori and Tavush, emphasising the feasibility of the specific agricultural development directions and projects:
Specific tasks include:
- Build on the FAO comprehensive situation analysis of existing agricultural cooperatives in Armenia, agro-producers' associations and groups in Armenia, as well as on the best practices and business models of successfully operating cooperatives and agro-producers' associations working in the country, develop a road map on the formation of the agro-producers’ associations (formal and non-formal groups) in five LAG areas under the LAG umbrellas;
- Provide recommendations on the economically justified areas for agro-producers’ associations in the five LAG areas, supported by financial justifications and projections;
- Develop and regularly update a database of resource persons and resource institutions from LAG areas and beyond that can support establishment and operation of the agro-producers’ associations, create networks and make the list available as and when required;
- Organize awareness raising events and meetings with interested beneficiaries in the five LAG areas to present and discuss the prospective areas for agro-producers’ associations and the relevant business models;
- Identify at least five interested groups (at least one in each LAG area) and support them with the development of a business strategy for the agro-producers’ associations;
- Support 5 groups of agro-producers to form associations (formal or informal groups) in the LAG areas and assist them in the development of business plans;
- In cooperation with the National Agriculture Economist, organize capacity building sessions with the interested groups on business planning, cost-benefit analysis, financial management, grant applications, etc.;
- Contribute to project progress reports related to the activities performed; identify lessons learned, constraints and issues that require timely resolution and corrective actions and present recommendations;
- Prepare mission reports after each mission;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Agriculture or a closely related field;
- 3 years of relevant experience and strong analytics, research skills;
- Working knowledge of Armenian and English languages;
- National of Armenia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to follow the link and complete the application online: https://tinyurl.com/mr3uxs7b
. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. If you need help, or have queries, please contact the Company at: Careers@fao.org
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
National of Armenia or resident in the country with a regular work permit.