Teach For Armenia is looking for a Program Design Manager. Teach For Armenia believes in designing programs that are responsive to the needs of its Teacher-Leaders and their students. Its core program includes a two-year-long Leadership Development Program (LDP) and its intensive summer training program, called the Teacher Leadership Academy. Additionally, Teach For Armenia is currently developing a series of self-guided teacher training modules that can be delivered through distance learning. The Program Design Managers are responsible for partnering with the rest of the Program Team in order to co-create the programming, including new projects and programs that may arise due to special initiatives. In general, one Program Design Manager will focus on pedagogical content, while the other Program Design Manager will target Community Innovation as well as educational leadership development (of course, these topics will often overlap, therefore requiring close collaboration).
The Program Design Managers are a part of the “Learning and Innovation Department”. The Learning and Innovation Team is overseen by the Head of Learning and Innovation. For the 2021-2022 school year, there will be two Program Design Managers who will oversee the development of core program’s training for Teacher-Leaders. It will be important for Program Design Managers to collaborate closely with one another when determining how to distribute responsibilities in order to maximize the respective teammate’s strengths. The Program Design Managers will also work alongside the Leadership Pathways Manager, who is responsible for developing programming specifically for the organization’s Alumni-Ambassadors (i.e. Teacher-Leaders who have completed the two-year program). They are joined by the Data and Impact Manager, who is responsible for designing the organization's monitoring and evaluation tools and systems, which can then inform the design of the program through data analysis. The Learning and Innovation Department sits on the broader "Program Division", which includes the Regional Teams. The Program Design Managers collaborate frequently with the region-based staff in order to co-create programming that is responsive to the needs of the communities.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Program Design (40%)
- Develop content, modules and tools in order to support Teacher-Leaders, their students, as well as other stakeholders, such as Alumni-Ambassadors, school principals and other educators.
Leading Team (20%)
- Support and mentor part-time Course Designers and Evaluators as they design and implement programming for Teacher-Leaders;
- Collaborate with part-time Researchers (who help to integrate evidence-based best practices into our pedagogical approach).
- Consult and partner with Regional Teams in order to collaborate and co-create programming together.
Program Evaluation (15%)
- Monitor progress, track data, and conduct analysis in order to continuously improve and strengthen the programming.
Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
- Master’s degree in Educational Sciences, Sociology or a related field;
- At least 4 years of work experience in educational program design and management, with a strong preference for individuals with experience in developing program curriculum, including annual syllabi and lesson plans;
- Proficiency in both Armenian and English languages (at least B2 level of English);
- Experience with distance learning and community projects is a plus.
For this role specifically, Teach For Armenia is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Design Thinking: the Program Design Managers must understand how to leverage “design thinking” in order to craft programs that meet the needs of the users;
- Learning and Evaluation: Teach For Armenia strives to be a learning organization. It can only do that through rigorous evaluation of its impact so that it can draw out learning and incorporate lessons learned into its programs;
- Pedagogy and Andragogy: As an organization focused on transformation through education, the Program Design Managers must have a deep commitment to exploring the use and application of diverse teaching methodologies to support both students as well as adult learners;
- Leading Co-Creation: As the Program Design Manager, it will be key to not only be an effective people manager, it will also be important to ensure that each teammate is collaborating with various individuals in order to co-create solutions;
- Distance Learning: Teach For Armenia is currently adapting all of its programming to be delivered through asynchronous blended and distance learning. It needs designers who are comfortable creating programming that will be delivered through distance learning.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply following the link: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=87
. Please submit your résumé and cover letter through the official job posting (found on Teach For Armenia’s website). In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to Teach For Armenia mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. It is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.