The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking a candidate for the position of Technical Specialist for Innovation, Scale, and Impact. The Technical Specialist for Innovation, Scale, and Impact is a key member of the Near East Foundation team in Yerevan. This position will provide technical leadership for the 42-month STRIVE for a better future: communities and civil society resilience in Armenia programme. STRIVE aims to improve the resilience, sustainability, accountability, and capacity for innovation of Armenian civil society organisations (CSOs), enabling them to play a pivotal role in raising awareness, deepening democracy, and serving constituencies in Armenia, especially vulnerable populations.
The Technical Specialist for Innovation, Scale, and Impact is responsible for providing technical supervision and implementation leadership to scale up, increase impact, and foster innovation across youth- and CSO-led activities, including for supporting capacity building for CSOs; co-leading on grassroots-led civic innovation journeys; supporting blended leadership skills training for youth, volunteers, and active citizens; supporting the development of an academic course; and co-leading on network and partnership-building.
Reports to: Project Director
Travel: 25-50% covering 11 Marzes.
The position has the following specific responsibilities:
- Lead on civic innovation journeys: (1) Facilitate implementation of grassroots-led civic initiatives, including developing a participatory assessment of non-registered civic groups in Armenia. (2) Collaboratively design and draft capacity development training modules to respond to the specific needs of informal or semi-formal civic initiative groups in Armenia;
- Co-lead on networks and partnership building, including annual regional CSO forums and bi-annual cross-sectoral multi-stakeholder roundtables;
- Support capacity building of CSOs through NEF’s proven ‘organisational model innovation’ journey’ (OMI) model: (1) Update and publish a participatory mapping of organisational capacity needs and gaps for Armenian CSOs. (2) Support selection of CSOs from an open call. (3) Deliver participatory OMI capacity development training workshops and tailored individual coaching. (4) Provide training of trainers among local civil society actors through regional CSO-led Mentorship Circles;
- Support leadership skills training for youth, volunteers, and active citizens (blended in-person and remote);
- Support development of an academic course on the role of civil society to raise awareness among future young professionals;
- Provide coaching and support to CSO sub-grantees as needed to ensure scale up, innovation and sustainability of projects.
The successful Technical Specialist for Innovation, Scale, and Impact must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (e.g., Political Science, Public Administration, Public Affairs, Civic Engagement), Management, or a related discipline;
- At least 5 years of experience in the non-profit/ development or CSO sector and experience working in civil society capacity building; grassroots-led civic engagement; and/ or organisational/ business model innovation initiatives in Armenia;
- Understanding of the structure, constraints and functioning of CSOs, especially in Armenia;
- Experience with business model innovation approaches;
- Experience designing curricula and facilitating workshops/ roundtables;
- Fluency in Armenian language; working proficiency in English language.
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Experience with digital curriculum development and blended remote/ in-person training delivery;
- Experience in EU regulations.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to complete assignments independently and/or collaboratively, meeting project deadlines;
- Ability to take instructions and criticism constructively;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interact with project stakeholders in a professional and pleasant manner.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by submitting the below-mentioned documents in the English language to the Near East Foundation Careers page at: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=183&source=aWQ9MjY%3D
a) Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability;
b) Curriculum Vitae;
c) List of 3 references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Monday, 10 January 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
ОТКРЫТ ДЛЯ/ КРИТЕРИИ ОТБОРА:
Candidates eligible to live and work in Armenia without company sponsorship
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at: www.neareast.org
. The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.