My Forest Armenia NGO
The main focuses of this organization are two of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals voted by the United Nations: 13 Combat climate change by reducing carbon in the atmosphere and 15 Protect and restore ecosystems & manage forests and combat desertification.
At the same time these other SDGs will also be achieved:
- Reduce poverty by lifting communities living near them
- Ensure availability of water
- Promote sustainable economic growth
We are planting trees and creating forests in Armenia for the following reasons
- At 11,2% forest coverage, the country has a relatively low % relative to its neighboring
- Improving the nature of this attractive mountainous country
- Low labor costs
- Rural communities that can help for its maintenance.
- Our reforestation projects will concentrate in the beginning in the Lori and Tavoush provinces.