GIZ Armenia is looking for a Field Advisor for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for the programme “Management of natural resources and safeguarding of ecosystem services for sustainable rural development in the South Caucasus (ECOserve)”. The main objective is to enhance capacities, facilitate and coordinate implementation of renewable energy and energy efficiency measures in different selected regions of Armenia including Tavush, Lori, Shirak, Syunik, and Gegharkunik regions.
- Contribute to the design, preparation and piloting of sustainable energy solutions including renewable energy and energy efficiency in public buildings of rural communities in target regions and carry out other related activities required;
- Contribute to the design, preparation, and piloting of small-scale energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for vulnerable, mostly forest-adjacent households in the target regions;
- Responsible for on the ground monitoring on a daily and/ or weekly basis of the implementation of on-the-ground sustainable energy solutions in public buildings of target communities as well as in the target households;
- Monitor the field results and report back to the programme team;
- Advise local self-government bodies, community representatives and community councils in techniques related to energy efficiency and renewable/ alternative energy, and other relevant topics;
- Support the relevant energy advisors and the programme team in all issues related to field implementation in the area of energy efficiency, renewable energy and overall sustainable energy solutions;
- Contribute to the design and preparation of innovative solutions in the field of sustainable energy;
- Support the formulation of project action plans, concepts and support the synchronisation of the planning with counterparts;
- Assist national and international experts in carrying out their work in Armenia and, if required, abroad;
- Organise and prepare and participate in all regional activities;
- Assist in programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services and cooperate with a broad range of target groups and stakeholders;
- Support the identification of the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and other;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Liaise and consult with other GIZ projects for mutual learning and standards;
- Provide support in budget-related issues for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Regularly consult with the GIZ Officer responsible for the contract and cooperation on all programme activities;
- Update oneself about the changes and news in the sector and contribute to innovation and knowledge management.
a) Advising the Partner Institution(s)
- Assist and support the implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with colleagues and counterparts;
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the joint programme activities and work at the regional level;
- Contribute to the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s areas of activities;
- Contribute to the development and organization of quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- Support the conceptualization, management and steering of inputs by external consultants (through service contracts, local subsidy contracts and/or financing agreements/ grants).
b) Networking and Cooperation
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme and its environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relations;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
c) Knowledge Management
- Ensure knowledge transfer of the programme information;
- Support the development of ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Support the preparation of input for programme reports including annual reports, and contribute to the other reports required by the component manager and GIZ Head Office;
- Assist with research activities and study on various issues, which benefit the programme.
d) Coordination Tasks
- Assist with general project planning and development of concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- Coordinate relevant programme activities at the local level in consultation with the line manager and in cooperation with the partners, both related to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handle order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g., offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- University degree (BA/BSc/MSc) in Energy, Renewable Energy, Energy Engineering, Environmental Science or other related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy including technologies;
- Proven experience in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency, including production and technologies such as solar installations, thermal insulation of houses, etc.;
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in the country and work in the field (in rural areas of Armenia) on a daily/ weekly basis;
- Good communication skills with people living in rural areas combined with a good sense of humour;
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver high quality (also under pressure) results ensuring reliability and confidence;
- High sense of responsibility and strong organisational competence;
- High motivation and positive attitude;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, email and Internet) and computer applications such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and improve;
- Analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of the team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
- Driving skills are an asset.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
, indicating the vacancy title (“Field Advisor for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy”) in the subject line of the email. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59 Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The objective of the programme “Management of natural resources and safeguarding of ecosystem services for sustainable rural development in the South Caucasus” (ECOserve) is a regional programme that aims to improve the preconditions for sustainable and biodiversity friendly management of natural resources in predominant land use forms of the country, namely pastures and grasslands in Armenia, with particular attention to the energy security of the rural population. To this end, the programme supports national reform processes, framework conditions and capacity development at local, national and regional level. It furthermore supports evidence-based policy by improving the availability of relevant data, promotes environmental awareness among the population through environmental education and campaign work with young people and schools. The programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and carried out with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Environment and in cooperation with other partner organizations.
The EU4Sevan component of ECOserve programme is jointly implemented with UNDP and commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union. The goal of the project is to enhance the environmental protection and water quality of Lake Sevan, the largest freshwater lake in the Caucasus Region.
Webpage of the programme “Integrated Biodiversity Management, South Caucasus”: https://www.biodivers-southcaucasus.org/