The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Finance Officer (locally contracted, full-time, f/m) for the project “Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak)”. The employee will work under the general guidance of the Team Leader and day-to-day supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, will support the Senior Finance Manager and the Grant Manager for an appropriate implementation of the financial management of the project and delivery of grant schemes.
This position is based in the project office in Gyumri with possible trips to Shirak marz (province) communities. The duration of the project is 48 months.
- Support the sound financial management of the project and ensure expenses are complying with ADA and EU financial provisions;
- Conduct the preparation of finance monitoring, elaborate detailed budget and expenditures reports in line with ADA and EU rules;
- Prepare VAT exemptions to be submitted to Ministry of Economy of RA;
- Ensure proper accounting, in particular verifying incoming financial documentation, requests for payment and financial reports received from contractors and beneficiaries for accuracy and compliance; maintain all financial transactions and manage petty cash account of the project office;
- Contribute to the appropriate implementation of the monetary grant scheme to ensure compliance with local tax, accounting and custom regulations;
- Deliver trainings and information events on appropriate finance management of grants;
- Support the bidding processes for goods and services managed by grant beneficiaries in line with ADA and EU rules;
- Oversee the financial performance of grants;
- Perform monitoring visits to grant beneficiaries;
- Support project audit activities on-the spot (incl. project office and grant beneficiaries);
- Identify financial management issues and propose corrective actions to the Team Leader and Senior Finance Manager.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or other related discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the field of finance and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and experience in project accounting and reporting; experience in financial management of EU funded projects and donor funded projects would be an advantage;
- Experience in development cooperation; understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards;
- Knowledge of the procurement of goods and service contracts, preferably under EU rules; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law would be an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian accounting, tax, labour, legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Excellent written and oral communication/ reporting skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial software;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills; ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated gender and diversity competence;
- Availability to travel;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and Cover Letter, as well as other relevant documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “LEAD4Shirak - Finance Officer”.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence, and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for the recruitment process. Please note that in the event of an invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on development of Local Empowerment of Actors for Development in Shirak province of Armenia (LEAD4Shirak). The overall objective of the action is “to promote inclusive and sustainable growth and improved livelihoods of rural population in Shirak marz through support to community-driven local development initiatives and partnerships" by focusing on the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for mobilizing local actors for development according to the EU LEADER approach is set up in Shirak marz;
Specific Objective 2: The implementation of community needs-based projects according to the EU LEADER approach has been supported in Shirak marz.
The project envisages achievement of the following results:
Output 1: The regulatory framework and delivery system for CLLD/ LEADER are effective in Shirak marz;
Output 2: At least two representative Local Action Groups (LAGs) have been established and are operational;
Output 3: Local stakeholders in two LAGs have elaborated an inclusive, gender-sensitive and sustainable multi-annual community-driven Local Development Strategy (LDS) and an Implementation Plan (IP) that represents the needs, interests and potentials of the local population;
Output 4: Local economic and social initiatives and innovations have been supported based on the priorities set up in the LDS and according to the grant and support scheme;
Output 5: LAGs and local stakeholders have been involved in lively exchanges, capitalising on the CLLD/ LEADER approach and furthering its sustainable anchoring in the institutional fabric of Armenia.
The project worth 4.5 Mio. Euros will be implemented over a period of 48 months. To support the ADC Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (OTC) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Finance Officer for a maximum of 19 months starting in March 2023.