The Gender Equality Analyst (Expert) will lead part of the programmatic components of the project, will explore and advise on the aspects of gender equality throughout the implementation of the project, advise on data collections and analysis vs. the ongoing trends and developments in the area of the gender equality (especially on the aspects of political and civic empowerment of women), contribute to methodologies and knowledge products of the project, facilitate the work with political parties and development of bottom-up policy channels.
- Ensure regular horizon scanning on the developments and trends in the area of gender equality in Armenia, including progress with national Strategy and Action Plan, legislation amendments, movements and discourse in the society; regular review and update the programme and project teams on data and statistics relevant to the project programmatic components;
- Contribute to the development of new approaches to gender equality by conducting researches, reviews, and recommending niches for further interventions;
- Support the WiP 2.0 Project Coordinator in planning and implementation of the programmatic components of the project; facilitate trainings and consultations on number of thematic areas;
- Contribute to the content and organization of WiP 2.0 project activities at local level within components related to political participation of women, work with political parties, work with local self-governments; components on forming and institutionalizing bottom-up policy channels;
- Support in preparation and elaboration of knowledge products, information materials and handouts for project’s capacity development activities;
- Support the WiP 2.0 project implementation, assist the project team with planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, helping with selection of relevant tools, as needed; support the WiP 2.0 team in preparation of workplans and progress reports; analyze information and provide expert input;
- Ensure communication and collaboration with beneficiary groups, government counterparts and project partners; contribute to the development of visibility and communications materials about the project to disseminate in selected areas and to wider public;
- Work with project data and compile statistics, work on the programme Database and Content Management System (DBCMS) for optimal data management of the project.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Gender/ Women Studies, Law or other related fields;
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- At least 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in design and implementation of thematic concepts, methodological tools and knowledge products in the areas of women empowerment, gender equality, community development, participatory democracy.
- Experience in facilitation of formal and non-formal capacity building interventions (seminars, conferences, lectures, etc.) on human rights, gender equality and women empowerment;
- Experience in research and designing capacity development models and training modules;
- Knowledge of current situation and development trends in the field of gender equality, women political participation, community development and participatory democracy in Armenia;
- Experience in design, planning and implementation of programme/ projects, managing data;
- Proficiency in professional writing and reporting.
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- Knowledge of Russian language is an asset.
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/ understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/ respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies
- Business Direction and Strategy - System Thinking: Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system;
- Business Direction and Strategy - Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources;
- Business Development - Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need;
- Business Management - Working with Evidence and Data: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making;
- 2030 Agenda: People - Gender: Gender Issues and Analysis;
- 2030 Agenda: People - Gender: Gender Mainstreaming;
- 2030 Agenda: People - Gender: Women’s Economic Empowerment and Women’s Leadership.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Previous exposure to aspects of political participation of empowerment at the local level is an asset;
- Track record and experience with international organizations is a strong asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Interested and qualified candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through the following link: https://tinyurl.com/2p8w7ktk
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Contract type: Regular NPSA
- Position level: NB4/NPSA8
UNDP Armenia has been continuously working in the area of the political empowerment of women, advancing leadership of women, supporting the local governments to engender local decision-making and development processes, enabling youth to get knowledge and skills on participatory governance, advancing their potential to raise their voice in policy-making at national and local levels. UNDP has considerably contributed to increasing representation of women at the local level, as well as formation of dynamic group and women and youth who not only benefit from projects’ support, but also lead local initiatives on broad spectrum of aspects, including participatory governance, women empowerment, and other.
Currently, UNDP’s Gender Equality Portfolio is comprised of several parallel projects working on political leadership of women, economic empowerment of women, innovative public services, youth leadership advancement, strengthening gender equality in the public administration system of Armenia and other. Projects are implemented in strong synergy and coordination with one another building on the ongoing activities, relying on the cadre of women and youth already capacitated from previous projects and joining forces to upscale number of support schemes countrywide.
UNDP currently commences with implementation of the “Women in Politics, Public Administration and Civil Society” Project (hereinafter WiP 2.0 Project), funded by UK Good Governance Fund (UK GGF), which is logical continuation of the previous “Women in Politics” project (funded by UK GGF) and Gender Equality in Public Administration of Armenia” project (GEPPA, funded by UNDP). The project will build on the previous results and gender equality and women empowerment effort at national and local levels to further advance women’s right and opportunities in decision-making roles. The project will be implemented in partnership with the RA Ministry Territorial Administration and Infrastructure, the RA Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and OxYGen Foundation.
The project includes programmatic work in three Strategic Directions:
- Advance women’s leadership and political participation in local decision-making via public or civic roles;
- Strengthen the gender sensitivity and gender responsiveness of public administration system and gender mainstreaming in public institutions at national and local levels;
- Strengthen the role of civil society in setting agenda, contribution to decision-making and monitoring of governance processes on gender equality, women rights and women empowerment in Armenia.