Disclaimer: Due to the error in the announcement, the deadline for the position is extended. Please send your applications to email@example.com
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for an Infrastructure Expert (Outcome 2 Coordinator) (f/m, locally contracted, full time) for the project “Recovery, Resilience, Development for Syunik in Armenia” (R2D Syunik).
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader (TL) the incumbent will be responsible for setting up the small-scale community infrastructure support scheme and implementation of infrastructure rehabilitation initiatives. This position is based in the project office in Syunik with frequent trips to Syunik marz (region) communities.
- Develop small-scale community infrastructure support scheme in Syunik region in close cooperation with community administrations and other stakeholders, based on ADA rules, regulations and templates;
- Identify and prioritize community infrastructure development projects following the participatory approach;
- Set up contract management and monitoring systems for the assigned area, under supervision of M&E Focal Point/ Deputy Team Leader (DTL), collect and report the M&E data;
- Oversee the planning, preparation and implementation of infrastructure projects;
- Assess the capacity development needs for community infrastructure management team and facilitate the provision of the capacity development measures;
- Evaluate the impact of the community infrastructure development activities on community life and welfare-gain of the residents;
- Support the elaboration, development and finalization of bankable (ready for investment) infrastructure projects in Syunik region;
- Ensure compliance with ADA’s Environmental, Gender and Social Impact Management (EGSIM) Manual;
- Regularly monitor the risks and implement identified risk mitigation measures;
- Draft regular reports;
- Carry out other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Engineering, Construction, Finance or Public Administration and Local Self-government, Economics, Business, Development Studies, or other related field; post-graduate degree (master level or higher) is an asset;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in infrastructure development rehabilitation programmes and projects, preferably in regions; successful experience with EU or ADC funded projects is considered an asset;
- Profound knowledge of the technical and legal requirements of the preparation of infrastructure projects;
- Experience in working with local or regional administration structures and facilitating participatory planning and/ or implementation of infrastructure projects;
- Profound understanding of applicable international and national procurement requirements/ regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills;
- Good written and oral communication/ reporting skills in English language;
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards, including cross-cutting issues is highly desirable;
- Ability and willingness to travel and work flexible hours;
- Excellent interpersonal/ social and communication skills;
- Adherence to highest standards of ethics;
- Valid driving license (category B) is an asset;
- Self-motivation, decisiveness and hands-on mentality;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send the cover letter and CV, as well as other relevant documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “R2D Syunik - Infrastructure Expert”.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for our recruitment process. Please note that in the event of invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on support to the green and inclusive socio-economic development in Syunik. The project is the part of the Team Europe framework Initiative “Targeted Recovery Initiatives for Southern Armenia – Syunik Region” (https://international-partnerships.ec.europa.eu/policies/team-europe-initiatives_en
The project funded by the European Union and co-funded by ADA with a volume of EUR 11 mln will be implemented over a period of 60 months. To support the ADC Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (CO) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Infrastructure Expert (Outcome 2 Coordinator) for a maximum of 57 months, starting in 01 May 2023.
The overall objective of the action is to enhance recovery and resilience of MSMEs and sustainable small-scale community infrastructure in Syunik. The project envisages achievement of the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for supporting MSMEs in line with ADA and EU guidelines is set up and being implemented in Syunik regio;
Specific Objective 2: Sustainable support scheme mechanism for supporting small-scale community infrastructure is set ser up and being implemented in Syunik region;
Specific Objective 3: Improved multi-stakeholder coordination for regional development in Syunik is set up and effectively cooperating for regional development.
The project envisages achievement of the following results:
Output 1.1: Improved access of MSMEs to knowledge, technologies, services, markets and finance;
Output 1.2: Enhanced capacities of entrepreneurs and employees (with a particular focus on empowering disadvantaged groups);
Output 2.1: Sustainable, green community infrastructures are rehabilitated and maintained;
Output 2.2: Bankable community infrastructure projects are prioritized and prepared in the communities;
Output 3.1: Regular multi-stakeholder coordination for the regional development of Syunik is taking place.
Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) has a long-standing partnership with the Government of Armenia, which has been a priority partner country since 2012. The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the ADC, supports its partner countries in implementing programmes and projects and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADA’s engagement in Armenia is based on the Framework Strategy of the Austrian Development Cooperation with the EU Eastern Partner Countries.
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at