The Medical Coordinator Support will be responsible for supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population.
- Monitor, supervise and evaluate the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to the present schedule and participate in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assist in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service;
- Assist in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collect and participate in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects;
- Ensure medical follow-up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and oversee all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes;
- Support and supervise the project teams and participate in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participate in briefings and debriefings of the (para)medical team members and promote communication and active participation in the development of the project;
- Apply the employee health policy and participate in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participate in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager;
- Participate in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organize the start-up, inventory and management of the operational medical library according to the classification plan;
- Participate in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organize data archiving and medical reports in the project;
- Perform other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Medical Doctor diploma or equivalent in a related allied health;
- Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health;
- Experience working in a developing country;
- Emergency experience;
- Minimum 2 years of experience;
- Armenian (mother tongue); excellent command of the English language; knowledge of the Russian language is an asset;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- People Management and Development L2;
- Commitment to MSF principles L2;
- Behavioural Flexibility L3;
- Results and Quality Orientation L3;
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3.
Candidate level: Mid-level (position is level 9 out of 15).
Cover letter (in the English language), Copy of diploma, CV (in the English language), and Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment if relevant) shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Medical Coordinator Support".
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. MSF recommends all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Please note that CVs should be only in the English language. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator, MSFCH-Armenia-FinHRCo@geneva.msf.org
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Remuneration in accordance with MSF salary grid (prior to deduction of income tax, social security and army tax);
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organisation;
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.