The Project’s Team Leader is leading the project team implementing the project “Youth in Action”. He/ she is responsible for the overall management, oversight and reporting of the project on behalf of the consortium. The Team Leader will ensure the compliance with donor'/EU's, KAS policies and standards of good conduct. S/he will represent the project to external stakeholders and the target group. The Team Leader will supervise the project team's work and report to the project’s Steering Commitee, KAS team in Berlin and Yerevan and the EU Delegation in Armenia.
- Responsible for overall leading, coordination and organization of all project activities;
- Coordinate, manage and supervise the work of the project team;
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication and coordination with project team, project lead partner KAS and partner MIC, YIC and WVA, the government(s), stakeholders and relevant actors;
- Responsible for overall communication with the target groups, political actors, civil society, municipalities, city authorities, associations in Armenia and EU;
- Oversee project expenses and procurements prepared by the project team;
- Represent the project towards EU stakeholders and other important external stakeholders and act as main focal point;
- Oversee the planning and preparation of the project actions, such as workshops, trainings, conferences, etc., with the project team;
- Draft Terms of Reference and contracts for short-term experts as well as briefing and debriefing them;
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the project;
- Hold regular meetings with the project team and the partners to discuss the work progress and administrative issues;
- Ensure the project visibility at all time;
- Organize, coordinate and conduct regular steering committee meetings;
- Responsible for all required reports with support of the project team (interim reports, monthly reports, activity reports, etc.);
- Responsible for regular progress reporting to the EU Delegation in Armenia;
- Support and report to the Project Director in all project-related issues and perform related project duties as assigned by superiors.
- Master’s degree in Media, Social Science or any other related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in the Civil Society sector;
- Leadership and management experience in donor funded projects (preferably EU funded) is considered as strong asset;
- Proven experience in narrative and financial reporting on complex projects to international donors;
- Experience in the field of project management as a team leader;
- Excellent leadership, personal management and communication skills;
- Experience in working with youth and media;
- Excellent budgeting, project management and report writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Good conceptual and analytical capacity;
- Ability to effectively balance and coordinate multiple competing priorities, working within set, and sometimes tight, deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong team management and coordination skills;
- Experience in leading complex projects in field of development cooperation/ democracy promotion and/or leadership responsibility and management experience in private, non-governmental or public sector organizations;
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and digest large volumes of information;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural project environment;
- Experience in evaluation of project proposals and M&E;
- Excellent computer skills (familiarity with Office 365);
- Excellent written and spoken command in English and Armenian languages;
- Experience in international or EU-project management is considered as an asset.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply with the following documents in a single submission (PDF document):
- Letter of motivation;
Applications should be sent to: Matthias.Hespe@kas.de
by the deadline. The subject line of the email should read “Application Project Team Leader”.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
More information is available at:
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) in partnership with Media Initiative Center (MIC), Youth Initiative Center (YIC) and World Vision Armenia (WVA) will implement an EU-funded project with the title “Youth in Action: Youth Empowerment and Leadership Development in Armenia”.
KAS, MIC, YIC and WVA are seeking highly motivated and detailed–oriented project staff to implement the project.
The overall objective of the project is to increase meaningful youth participation in education, civil society and in politics of Armenia.
The specific objective strives to achieve that young people and youth NGOs are educated and empowered to participate in civic and public affairs in Armenia.